Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#69679 - 06/11/03 10:19 PM Anyone been to Roatan???
Seaislegal Offline
We've done AC recently in May of this year and also last year and loved it. But my little crew is itching to try somewhere new for next year at least, though I don't doubt we'll be back to AC shortly after that.

So since this board has been SO incredibly helpful the last two years, and the Roatan ones I have found have been pretty sucky compared to this, I wanted to see if any of my fellow AC fans have ever been to Roatan or have any insight into where to stay there.

So any input is of course appreciated. You can always e-mail me directly versus clogging up this board, and my e-mail is Andrea.Biggs@Citigroup.com

We are looking to stay in the West End / West Bay area and are looking for something with beachfront and definitely A/C, a fridge or kitchen. We stayed at Banana Beach our two times on AC so liked having the fridge and such. We are looking for something like a cabin / cabana or a villa / apt type of accomodations as we'll probably have about 10 adults or so in our crew again.

Anyone know whether you can get Belikens down there??? Still craving the darn things since we got back from AC and I have no idea what type of local beer Roatan has.

Thanks!
Andrea in Atlanta

#69680 - 06/11/03 11:13 PM Re: Anyone been to Roatan???
Pedro1 Offline
you totally boring fart Roatan sucks,and before you ask yes I have been there it is over priced,over there and no fun as it all resort orientated.You will hate it and the beer is crap-all my love Peter

#69681 - 06/11/03 11:17 PM Re: Anyone been to Roatan???
Pedro1 Offline
Come here and stay with us-maybe I will drink another couple of jello shots

#69682 - 06/12/03 12:03 AM Re: Anyone been to Roatan???
Islenutt Offline
Andrea - You just had to expect that from your #1 fan! laugh

#69683 - 06/12/03 01:33 AM Re: Anyone been to Roatan???
Ernie B Offline
Pedro, what a &%!@#$# jerk you are. I take back the one decent thing I said about you. Andrea, I will send a few tips on Roatan. :rolleyes:

#69684 - 06/12/03 01:39 AM Re: Anyone been to Roatan???
toad Offline
i hear the skeeters are some bad mofo's

#69685 - 06/12/03 03:53 AM Re: Anyone been to Roatan???
seashell Offline
It's the sandfleas, toad.

#69686 - 06/12/03 02:50 PM Re: Anyone been to Roatan???
Seaislegal Offline
LOL.. wouldn't expect any different response from Peter!!

Heck, we may be back in 2005 or even late 2004 if Delta will ever get its butt in gear and fly to Belize (thats where all my FF miles are).
Anyway, if anyone does have real input about Roatan and hotels in the West End area I'd appreciate it!

Andrea in Atlanta

#69687 - 06/12/03 03:43 PM Re: Anyone been to Roatan???
dbdoberman Offline
I stayed at Anthonys Key with a dive group. The diving was good, but Peter is right about one thing, the vibe of AC just isn't there. If you are going because of diving, go to Utila.

Maybe this will help http://www.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=all&ct=i&c=Bay+Islands

you can also access the message board

#69688 - 06/12/03 03:51 PM Re: Anyone been to Roatan???
Turnbun1971 Offline
I've been to Utila and loved it. It's tiny, dirt cheap, and extremely laid back (most of the people we met were European back-packers). Much less civilized than AC, and I dare say, the snorkeling was much better in Utila - you can swim right off the island and find AMAZING creatures and coral. However, I prefer AC for its character and the friendly peeps.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Canuk, Judyann H., JaHo, 1 invisible), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.