Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
well I am back from my monthly trip to san pedro .I will start off with my fishing report ????? fishing is not always catching ,the wind was blowing just like last month .well not as bad but still windy.full moon ,strong tides ,and wind make for not great fishing went out with bruce from Iowa jeans husband from the board .first time salt water first time in san pedro .first day not good caught some snapper ,not a lot next day went north to the reef ,action good not great ,had a ball bruce had a cuda on did a boat release,nice snapper school masters ,no grouper but we had fun .day three I go out with my nephew ,to rocky point wind blowing we go the back way thru the lagoon .we get to the point fish on the bite ,big snapper .yellow tail .cuda large jacks our capt....is bicho fishing sanpedro.com he is a local guy amazing guy .what a fisherman knows every spot in the ocean ...we kick ass and take names what a day 60or so fish caught, we keep some filet , all large fish wow wow ... give the rest away to the local folks in the area ,they are so wonderful .never got hooked up with mel s wanted to fish with him ?????? sun fished south near fishing not up to par about 25 snapper, trigger two big cuda ,most we thru back ,had some filet with we gave to peter pedro 1 gret guy ....all in all fishing was just not the way it was .ok but we are spoiled .san pedro has the best fishing around ,and I fished the reef all over the world.no better but better days are coming ....bicho has a new boat 23 footer good clean fishing boat he and his son so so nice ,this is one supper dupper fisherman ......seehis web site fishingsanpedro.com now for my restaurant report any body who knows capt .jeff this is not your healthy start breakfeast guy ,we will go to our pre fishing snack at estels on the beach with the salt air ,and charles the owner and his sweet wife ,best meal in town it opens up at six am bacon.eggs ham ,hash brown potatos fried jacks that weigh a half a pound each ,hot coffee .yum yum yum ,,,,have to pop a lipotor,cholesterol pill ,always great if your tring to watch your diet I have seen a great fruit plate ???? or you can go bad and havethe breakfast burrito also wow ,wow ,and ways two pounds ????? went to bbq ,at bc bar on sun after fishing .food great love the ribs ,seen our buddy peter ,pedro 1 from the board nice guy ,wonderful coconut internet cafe next to mannlys ice cream fun place to touch base with the out side world..this is the place to go for your e mails and long distance phones ...peter gives good talk ??????he is english ,tries to be proper but he is in belze to long ,all his nicest comes out .any way wonderful meal was had by all ,went to dinner at jade garden ,I go to the best chinese food in nyc,,,this has some of the best egg rolls as good as if not better then the city .black bean sauce shrimp ,great ...try this place ,each time we go to san pedro we go to el divino they have the most intresting menus lots of fancy dishes but not to stuffy..they have found a fabulous manager in dustin funny sharp young man ....service is like any fine dinning in your big city ,but like belize no shoes no shirt no problem ...all under one roof at the banna beach resort one of the top hotels in sanpedro ,tim there owner has a charm that everyone loves check this place out tell them capt ,jeff said to buy you a after dinner drink of bubbly ,and to put it on my account . better yet just tell them they should buy you a drink .....there great folks ... went to all the local places elvis stiill love the stuffed chicken ,with all the trimmings ,sweet basils for wonderful salads and burgers.this island of ambergris caye is still a dream come true to free thinkers ,divers fisherman ,any any one who loves to have fun and loves people especially the local san pedro community ,going back next month ????? can not wait

Living The Dream Every Day!
Hey Capt,

Looks like another successful trip to the isle.

What's the deal with that wind? I read Laurie's dive/trip report and then yours and both spoke of the unusually high winds.

Debbbie and I are looking at going to the Bahamas in January - take a look at your schedule - we'd love to meet up with you in Nassau or Bimini for a few days. Gene (Eracsder) is looking at possibly meeting up with us there (or maybe in Roatan).
I think they fish there too. Given the chance, I'd like to go out deep sea fishing sometime.

Have fun in your travels and keep in touch.

The Shark

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
Hey Jeff

great to see you again-the fish dinner that I cooked with your snapper was an epicurean delight-cooked by a gastronomic chef of hidden talents-Charlie and I sat down together and both enjoyed it enormously-you are obviously invited to my forthcoming nuptials (as long as you bring Clarissa)because for an American you are not that bad.
thanks and come back soon
Peter

ANOTHER GREAT MONTHLY REPORT!
Hey, Capt Jeff... do you need any satellite offices run in Denver for ya? I SURE be interested if the bennis are like yours... wink
Man am I jealous!

OP Offline
river shark my new buddy ,not as bad as last month .the tide the moon screw up the fishing,we had full moon so we had rip tide strong .but still had sun and warm wheather .jan in 2004 in nassau does not look good ,nassau sucks big time .people nasty ,price to much for getting shit on .......stay away from .bahamas.....call me and will share why ?????

OP Offline
pedro how the hell are ya ....when are you going to do it,take the big leap ,,,,,whats the date ?????

OP Offline
denverdan thanks for the kind words .all kidding aside .we do have people who sell for us from there house .as independent sales counslers on comm only .they sell to there local area ,and get all the perks ,call me for in fo if this sounds like you ?????? 1 800 231 7447 ask for jeff

was that the real denverdan?

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Hey Capt ! I am so sorry we missed you about 4 times. Everytime I looked for you were out fishing or out looking for land. My friend Justo, and Geraldo dock the El Gato right by your hotel. They would say, "ay Amigo, your American friend Jeff was right here 15 minutos ago mon !" I met Bicho's wife and kids at my friend's son's graduation party at the bay off Bay street. His wife is very nice and great kids ! Bicho is an old friend of the Badillo family from ages. It looks like you caught some fish. My lord, I caught some great fish this time. The greatest fishing trip was with Fido Badillo, the yogurt man. We went through the quebrado near hol chon and shoot on the sides of 20 foot waves going through to the deep blue waters. The baby blue panga is only a 17 footer and we were in the open ocean ! It was almost scary, but I had to remember I used to do this all the time. Anyway, we trolled using 20 lbs test line using yo-zuris and rattle-traps. It was so exciting to see 20 lbs barracudas following the lures then smashing on them ! We did well too off by caye caulker trolling plugs using, " El gato" the 25 foot catamaran. My family, and some customers caught some awesome yellow tails. The damages for my fishing equiptment from 10 days was : 1 broken spinning rod, 1 lost fly line, 8 yo-zuris, 4 streamers, and once again I have been humbled by the Mother Ocean again............mel s. ps, i am going back to san pedro January as i will start going back to Belize more frequently. I will camp by the hotel's, dock and find you.

Mel Sinderman
OP Offline
mel s my fishing brother ,so nice to hear from you >>>>hooking up with you was tough sorry but we will get together in jan.. and I know how you felt going out tru the cut ,we went to rocky point that windy day ,and went tru the back way to go but made the move to come home tru the channel on the north side .waves 20 plus had to check out my underwear got scared ship??????white water 23 foot boat held on for dear life .I am a big sissy when it comes to big waves but bicho just smiled and said hold on gringo ????we made tru the cut and had a following sea all the way back .great fun fishing at rocky point .big cudas ,schoolmasters ,yellow tail snaper ,triggers etc......lost a lot a tackel in the rocks ,had a big jack to the boat about 40 lbs lost it ,it won I lost would have let it go anyway ...nice action .went out with my man bicho sun ,lobster day opening fished a little watched bicho and his son jr,,check out there lobster traps . on one dive the boy got 48 lobster needless to say we had lobster with blck bean sauce ,that night at jade garden ,we had lobster soup ,lobster fried rice ,lobster and more lobster ,no lobster ice cream that we had at mannleys ice cream next to pedros internet cafe ....glad to hear you had a wonderful time and had a safe trip home ,will keep in touch be back in aug ??????? for more fishing

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.