Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#70013 - 06/21/03 01:37 AM In AC July 9-16/Excursions
BrianH Offline
I will be in AC July 9-16, staying at Banana Beach. I was in AC last summer, and did the Shark Ray Alley snorkeling trip, and the Altun
Ha/Maruba, Cave Tubing, and Manatee/Goff Caye/Caye Caulker trips. This time, I'd like to go on a day trip to the north end of AC. I searched this board, and found that Excalibur Tours does a trip which includes Bacalar Chico, snorkeling, and picnic on the beach. Has anyone done this recently? How often is this trip run? Since I'll be going in the off-season, I wonder if it will even be offered. Last year I found it a bit of a challenge to schedule trips due to lack of people. If anyone is going to be in AC July 9-16 and would like to do a trip like this,
perhaps we could get enough people to make it possible.

Last year I really enjoyed the Manatee trip with SEArious, especially the snorkeling and the stop at Goff's Caye -- the clear water, white sand, palm trees, Willie's chocolate brownies... Fortunately it wasn't a cruise ship day so the island wasn't too crowded. Are there other trips to little islands like this? If not, maybe I'll just do the Manatee trip again.

Other possible trips for this year: Lamanai and snorkeling at MexicoRocks/Tres Cocos. These are pretty popular so I shouldn't have trouble
arranging those.

#70014 - 06/23/03 04:28 PM Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions
beach bob Offline
Sorry, for we will just miss you (arriving 7/19)... having the same concern about booking day trips, as apparently no other AC board folks will be there the same time as us. Timing is everything wink Don't really want aggravation making these things happen... Hope you have luck booking your desired trips!

#70015 - 07/01/03 06:52 PM Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions
Snorkelers2 Offline
Wow. It never occurred to me that we might have trouble booking excursions in the off-season. We are going August 9-16. How many people do the operators typically need to run a snorkeling trip?

#70016 - 07/01/03 07:15 PM Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions
mamacaps Offline
This never occured to me either-we will be there Aug 9-16 also

#70017 - 07/02/03 12:58 PM Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions
beachluvr Offline
BrianH,

my husband & I will be at Banana Beach next weekend also, though we don't arrive until the 11th...that trip to the north end of the island for snorkeling & a beach picnic is something I've always wanted to do as well, & was wondering if we'd be able to arrange it, since they're kinda slow in July

it's my 4th time to go & 3 of them have been in July (but that's a big part of why I like to go then!) another part is that's also my bday! maybe we can go on the same day to have enough people

#70018 - 07/02/03 02:00 PM Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions
ga peach Offline
We just returned last week and did the beach picnic. They took us out with only 4 people. We went with Tuff Enough, located at Woody's Warf and it was great.

#70019 - 07/03/03 01:59 AM Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions
BrianH Offline
Beachluvr,

I was planning to check with the travel agency at Banana Beach regarding trips to the northern part of the island. I bet they know all the operators which go there and when they go. Hope to see you there! I'll be traveling alone, so I shouldn't be too hard to spot.

Last July I did a cave tubing trip with Tuff Enough. It was a great trip. I was originally signed up with Tanisha, but they couldn't get enough people. I think last summer was especially slow. In fact, I believe Tanisha closed down for the month of August.

#70020 - 07/07/03 12:39 AM Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions
azrat Offline
BrianH
We will be in AC July 12 through the 20th. Will be staying at Xanadu and might be intrested in a day trip up north. Have no set schedule! See ya there.

#70021 - 07/07/03 04:27 AM Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions
beachluvr Offline
I've inquired about this trip to both the folks at Banana Beach & at Searious Adventures...both replied you need at least 4 people to do the trip...maybe if we all can pick a day (for us, Sat or Mon work best, I wanna be at BC's for lunch on Sunday & then the Palapa & we leave on Tues frown )

we'll be at Banana Beach...couple w/the Texas accent...I've been told ya can't miss it!

#70022 - 07/07/03 05:28 AM Re: In AC July 9-16/Excursions
sweets Offline
i know Unity Tours(really nice 36 foot catamaran) will do trips for a minimum of 3-4 people and they are always willing to do what ever you want, up the coast, fishing, beach BBQ...just let them know. Really fun guys - and very knowledgeable about the island. Their number is 226 4551

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,275 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.