Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#70087 - 06/23/03 09:16 PM Sad to be home
booface Offline
Well, my wife and I have just returned from our first trip to Belize and we could not have had a better time. First, thanks to all the great advice on this board about things to do and places to eat - it really helped!!

So, we stayed at the Victoria House and were so glad that we did. The hotel's property is absolutely beautiful and it was so peaceful and quiet that we always felt as if we were the only ones there (the hotel was completely full all week). When we weren't out diving or exploring San Pedro, we spent our days lying at the pool soaking in the gorgeous weather (ony one day of rain). Food at the hotel was very good, and the staff is so friendly and helpful. Really could not have chosen a better place to stay on the island.

In terms of the diving, I can not say enough about Amigos Del Mar. We did both Turneffe and the Blue Hole with them, and I have yet to come across a better dive operation in all of my travels. From the super friendly divemasters (George, Alex, Michael and Marciano) to the Snickers bars at the end of the day, Amigos has all the bases covered. Both trips are ABSOLUTE must-dos and they were by far the two best days that we spent in Belize. It certainly didn't hurt that the weather was impeccable and the seas were not that rough. Unfortunately the wind did prevent us from doing lots of diving on the reef, but we did manage to get out a few times.

As for restaurants that I would recommend, Blue Water Grill and Capricorns were our favorite, as well as the food at the hotel. We thought Fidos was ok but nothing special.

We took a day trip to Lamanai and I would definitely advise anyone against doing this. While the ruins were pretty cool, it is a three and a half hour trip each way ( boat, bus, boat) and really not worth the hour and a half spent at Lamanai, in my opinion.

Wednesday night we made it to the chicken drop and it is definitely a sight to see. So funny and everyone really gets into it.

Finally, if anyone ever needs to see a doctor in Ambergris Caye, Dr. Rodriguez (just down the street from the airport) was awesome. In fact, she saved my trip by helping me out with an ear infection so that I only had to miss one and a half days of diving.

#70088 - 06/23/03 11:07 PM Re: Sad to be home
Chloe Offline
Booface, you had a first class trip. You do know how to live good, and not afraid to pay for the best on Ambergris.

Nice of you to mention the good Doctor. We also found the Doctor very helpful.

Thanks for the good report.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (ron, Marty, dabunk, 2 invisible), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.