Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline
Heading to the AC with my wife mid July for 6 nights. Looking for opinions as Resort vs Condo vs House rental. Would like to spend somewhere between $75.00-125.00 a night. Looking at the postings there seems to be alot of constuction around certain areas. Any certain areas to avoid?
In search of an island to fall in love with.
Any day trips or restaurants we can't live w/out?
All opinions to help make this a wonderful trip is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
ticketgeorge
PS
My wife would like a pool.
My goal is Snorkel,snorkel, and fish
The food can make the trip.
I still salivate over meal we had in Bermuda 4 years ago

use that little "search" link pu there in the right hand side TG.....and stand back...............here comes the floodgates on info & rhetoric

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
Caribbean Villas Hotel has both rooms and suites for under $125 per night in the summer (ask for discount from posted prices if you book directly). They are small and quiet, south of town with a 15-ish minute beachwalk to town. Only 10 suites & rooms on 3 acres of land with great staff, hot tubs, free bikes, long pier with swimming and snorkeling area. We prefer south of town for lodging: usually quieter but easy access to town; plenty of good restaurants in the area. Recommend you query any place you consider staying concerning on-site or nearby construction.

Our "don't miss:"

Snorkeling: Alfonse Graniel, L'il Alfonse under "Goods & Services" menu above, phone: 614-5450; 226-3537; great guy & guide, wonderful with people & fish; ask him about other snorkeling sites after you visit Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley

Fishing: Ramon or Severo Guerrero, phone 226-2325, 226-2324; E-mail: [email protected]; great fishermen and fun to spend a day with; they cook a great beach picnic with your catch and will send fillets back with you for you or a restaurant to cook for future meals.

Catamaran Sailing: Geraldo Badillo, 226-2264, fun and serene

Parasailing: Fido's Dock

Great local food: Los Cocos restaurant on north end of town, off middle street past Richie's Supermarket (Save-4-Less); wonderful whole fried snapper and fish fillets

Have a great time!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sandy C:
[QB]Caribbean Villas Hotel has both rooms and suites for under $125 per night in the summer (ask for discount from posted prices if you book directly). They are small and quiet, south of town with a 15-ish minute beachwalk to town. Only 10 suites & rooms on 3 acres of land with great staff, hot tubs, free bikes, long pier with swimming and snorkeling area. We prefer south of town for lodging: usually quieter but easy access to town; plenty of good restaurants in the area. Recommend you query any place you consider staying concerning on-site or nearby construction.

Our "don't miss:"

Snorkeling: Alfonse Graniel, L'il Alfonse under "Goods & Services" menu above, phone: 614-5450; 226-3537; great guy & guide, wonderful with people & fish; ask him about other snorkeling sites after you visit Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley

Fishing: Ramon or Severo Guerrero, phone 226-2325, 226-2324; E-mail: [email protected]; great fishermen and fun to spend a day with; they cook a great beach picnic with your catch and will send fillets back with you for you or a restaurant to cook for future meals.

Catamaran Sailing: Geraldo Badillo, 226-2264, fun and serene

Parasailing: Fido's Dock

Great local food: Los Cocos restaurant on north end of town, off middle street past Richie's Supermarket (Save-4-Less); wonderful whole fried snapper and fish fillets

Sandy C, Geraldo B. asked me if i ever see your post on the internet. I said yes, all the time. He wanted me to leave a message and say Hello ! We spent 10 days on the isle most of the time with Geraldo, and his family. El Gato is a do to do on the isla bonita. best-wishes, mel s.

Mel Sinderman
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Please email me at [email protected]
We are having some great summer specials.
Cheerz!

Well, George, myself, I like a condotel. My favorite restaurants are Jambel's Jerk, Ambergris Delight and Papi's. None of these are upscale but have a real feel of San Pedro to me. They are also right in town.

What we need to know from you now, is whether or not you want a swimming pool, if you want to be within walking distance of town and restaurants or if you are looking for more seclusion. Do you dive, snorkel, fish?

Help us to help you.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
Mel S.,

Thanks for the message. Great family, eh? Geraldo's Dad was the first person to ever take us snorkeling on AC. We've never fished with Geraldo, but will have to in the future since we've seen your glowing recommendations. Take care and thanks, again!

K
K
Caribe Island Resort is beautiful, well-maintained, and run by really nice people. Didn't stay there but visited several times and was really impressed...CALL VICKI!

K
K
Also, I do plan to stay there on my next visit in June of next year...in lobster season.

B
B
You cannot go wrong with Caribe Island. We are making our third trip in September and we will be staying at the Caribe Island for the third time. You won't be disappointed

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.