Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#70233 - 06/25/03 12:58 PM Great trip
sherio Offline
Returned a couple of days ago from celebrating our 5th wedding anniv. Loved AC, best vacation ever. 1st part of trip, stayed in the Palms on the bottom floor, loved it. Met some great people in the other ground units. (Theresa and Vicki - if you see this, I misplaced your e-mail, please write me) My husband and I fell in love with a restaurant I haven't seen on the board, Cocina Carumba. Tiny little place, but the food was consistantly fantastic, and the service was the best I've ever encountered. Went back 4 times! Also loved Jambel's Jerk Pit. I think they have the best Key lime pie and Jerk Wings. It rained one day, so used that to go to Altun Ha. Very interesting. Drank the Viper Rum, with an actual Viper in the bottle. Our guide said "it put the fire in the pantie" Had touch of Montezuma's revenge that night, so I think in one way, he was right!

Snorkeled Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. This was my favorite, although I was bit by a Jack Fish. Didn't realize you shouldn't wear Jewelry. He though my wedding ring was dinner!

Second part of the trip, we stayed in Banana Beach. The hotel was beautiful, but missed being closer to town (although, it is only a 10 minute bike ride). The air conditioning was nice and icy. Rented a boat for the day with our new friends and did more snorkeling and had lunch in Caye Caulker. Next time, we will stay there for a couple of days. Very laid back. I know why they call it Gilligan's island.

We were delighted we were there for the opening of Lobster season. We had fantastic lobster at Cocina Carumba. I was also on the hunt for the best Pina colada and my choice was the Palapa bar up north.

We will always remember this trip and hope we can make it back sometime soon!

#70234 - 06/26/03 11:32 AM Re: Great trip
That would be another thumbs up on the lobster at Cocina Carumba. As good as anything I've had in SP the last ten years. Lobster that is.

#70235 - 06/26/03 03:58 PM Re: Great trip
dbdoberman Offline
What a great way to spend an anniversary, glad you enjoyed it. I cannot wait to get back there, loved jambel's, and where is Cocina Carumba? Thanks for sharing, and was the guide right about the Viper rum??? wink

#70236 - 06/26/03 04:05 PM Re: Great trip
dbdoberman Offline
hmmmmm, I just reread the result of the viper rum tale. That's the ..... well, it's not the way it should've worked on an anniversay! haha

#70237 - 06/26/03 05:40 PM Re: Great trip
sherio Offline
The Viper Rum worked best on the day after! wink
Cocina Carumba is on Pescador Drive, about a block from Elvi's across the street. I found a link on this site: http://www.ambergriscaye.com/caramba/index.html

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.