Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70337 06/29/03 02:17 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Any recommendations about using one airline over the other?

Also, any luggage weight restrictions for these carriers? Their web sites don't specify.

Thanks for the help!

I've always used Tropic...as for luggage restrictions I think it's pretty much the basic as with all airlines...the only problem is sometimes you might have to wait for the next flight for your luggage as it doesn't always get on the same flight you do...your carry on stuff does, but not always the checked...so beware...if you are on the last flight it will be the next morning before you might possibly get your checked luggage. I think that probably holds true for either Tropic or Maya since they are just small commuter planes.

Take the one that leaves first-they have the same type of planes and the same prices

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the input. Several more questions about getting to and from the island...

My flight from Miami arrives at BZE at 11:35am. If I book the 12:40pm flight to Ambergris and we don't make that flight, will they just accommodate us on the next one?

Secondly, my flight home departs BZE at 1:20pm. How early do I need to leave Ambergris?

Thanks again.

If you dont make the 12.40 they will put you on the next one if you leave at 1.20 you will need to be on the 11am flight leving San pedro to be on time at the aiport

Have a great trip

Just a few other tips on the subject:

* Biggest one in terms of saving money is to fly out of/into Municipal in Belize City rather than International. Fares on either Maya Island Air or Tropic are about one-half to San Pedro compared with fares from International. The savings are less to most other destinations but can still add up. If you need to catch an international flight, you'll pay US$20 for a taxicab (for the cab, not per person) to transfer between the airports, but if you're traveling in a party of three or more your savings still will be substantial.

* The new owners of Maya Island Air have invested some big bucks in equipment and facilities. For example the new Maya terminals at Muncipal and Placencia are big, new and nicer and cooler than the Tropic terminals. They've also added some new equipment -- mostly 14-seater Cessnas, same as Tropic flies.

* Besides Gaz's excellent discount, some other coupon books such as that done by Budget RentaCar in Belize City will also get you 10% off any local fare (but you may have to pay cash or traveller's cheque rather than with credit card). That's a significant savings if you are traveling in a group.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.