Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#70507 - 07/03/03 12:10 PM recommendations for beach picnic?
beachluvr Offline
I've heard so many different suggestions for this type of tour that I'm confused...do you go out just for lunch, or fishing & lunch or snorkeling & lunch or whatever combo of those???

appreciate any input on who worked well for you & what the trip included...thanks, gina/beach

#70508 - 07/03/03 12:23 PM Re: recommendations for beach picnic?
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
You pretty much write your own ticket.

I hired a local fisherman and his boat (with canopy) for the day at $200 US (including tip). We went trolling on the reef for a few hours first with plenty of action, we then went to Mexico rocks where we snorkeled for a while and the guide cleaned and prepared the fish. We then went ashore near Mexico rocks where the guide cooked the fish, while we knocked down a few rum punches and Belikins. We then went snorkeling for a couple of more hours, and then returned to San Pedro. I gave the extra fish to the guide. It was a full day, and well worth it.

There are plenty of boats and guide available, just ask along the piers and negotiate your outing.
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

#70509 - 07/03/03 01:23 PM Re: recommendations for beach picnic?
Johnboy Offline
I'm sure there are several excellent guides who does this type of trip,,,We have used Luis Caliz
the past two trips and he is above & beyond your expectations We fished, Ate our catch (best meal I ever had), went snorkling...All day trip..
Check with Ana at The Palms...We are going with Luis again Monday the 7th.....Now I'm excited,we
leave in 24 hours....Johnboy laugh wink cool

#70510 - 07/03/03 03:01 PM Re: recommendations for beach picnic?
vicky Offline
Be sure to tell Luis the Gringo's are coming.... and we can't wait to see them. You're right, he will prepare the best meal you will ever have on the beach. Nine days to go..

#70511 - 07/03/03 03:35 PM Re: recommendations for beach picnic?
toad Offline
this sounds right up my alley, cat....

#70512 - 07/03/03 05:15 PM Re: recommendations for beach picnic?
Over_40_Pirate Offline
In my opinion this was the best way to spend a day on AC. It is a full day with what is likely to be one of the best meals of your life (we were so full we skipped dinner!) You can fish, snorkle, eat, drink, and if there's time...fish or snorkle some more! We went with Jerry Ack, however, I know Luis and he's a great guy as well. Our meal consisted of barracuda, snapper, grouper, yellow-tail jack, and lobster...all caught that day by us...YUM!
If you go with Jerry or Luis, tell them the guys from Colorado said hi!

#70513 - 07/04/03 12:14 AM Re: recommendations for beach picnic?
beachluvr Offline
thanks to everyone for all your helpful information...we're really not much of what you might call fishermen, LOL

but the snorkeling & especially the food sound like a trip I just can't miss...this will be my 4th time & I have yet to do this kind of trip, so I'm very excited (but I would be no matter what we were going to do this time around!!! just love that place!)

#70514 - 07/04/03 03:12 AM Re: recommendations for beach picnic?
Sandwitch Offline
I am sure the boys at Unity Tours (you have been on a trip with them already!) can do the snorkeling, fishing, beach bar-b-que trip. It is $50 US per person for a full day on their catamaran -- you can fish, snorkel, sleep, swim and eat!
I look forward to your report. cool

#70515 - 07/06/03 02:10 AM Re: recommendations for beach picnic?
captjeff Offline
beach luver try fishingsanpedro.com he is a buddy of mine local man .his family has become my family sweet guy he will take care of you and show you a fun day ,do the fishing. ,combo,snorkel
lobster beach barbq.supper time go checkhim out
heis on the web site
Living The Dream Every Day!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.