Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I've heard so many different suggestions for this type of tour that I'm confused...do you go out just for lunch, or fishing & lunch or snorkeling & lunch or whatever combo of those???

appreciate any input on who worked well for you & what the trip included...thanks, gina/beach

You pretty much write your own ticket.

I hired a local fisherman and his boat (with canopy) for the day at $200 US (including tip). We went trolling on the reef for a few hours first with plenty of action, we then went to Mexico rocks where we snorkeled for a while and the guide cleaned and prepared the fish. We then went ashore near Mexico rocks where the guide cooked the fish, while we knocked down a few rum punches and Belikins. We then went snorkeling for a couple of more hours, and then returned to San Pedro. I gave the extra fish to the guide. It was a full day, and well worth it.

There are plenty of boats and guide available, just ask along the piers and negotiate your outing.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
I'm sure there are several excellent guides who does this type of trip,,,We have used Luis Caliz
the past two trips and he is above & beyond your expectations We fished, Ate our catch (best meal I ever had), went snorkling...All day trip..
Check with Ana at The Palms...We are going with Luis again Monday the 7th.....Now I'm excited,we
leave in 24 hours....Johnboy laugh wink cool

John
V
V
Be sure to tell Luis the Gringo's are coming.... and we can't wait to see them. You're right, he will prepare the best meal you will ever have on the beach. Nine days to go..

T
T
this sounds right up my alley, cat....

Gina,
In my opinion this was the best way to spend a day on AC. It is a full day with what is likely to be one of the best meals of your life (we were so full we skipped dinner!) You can fish, snorkle, eat, drink, and if there's time...fish or snorkle some more! We went with Jerry Ack, however, I know Luis and he's a great guy as well. Our meal consisted of barracuda, snapper, grouper, yellow-tail jack, and lobster...all caught that day by us...YUM!
If you go with Jerry or Luis, tell them the guys from Colorado said hi!

B
OP Offline
B
thanks to everyone for all your helpful information...we're really not much of what you might call fishermen, LOL

but the snorkeling & especially the food sound like a trip I just can't miss...this will be my 4th time & I have yet to do this kind of trip, so I'm very excited (but I would be no matter what we were going to do this time around!!! just love that place!)

S
S
I am sure the boys at Unity Tours (you have been on a trip with them already!) can do the snorkeling, fishing, beach bar-b-que trip. It is $50 US per person for a full day on their catamaran -- you can fish, snorkel, sleep, swim and eat!
I look forward to your report. cool

beach luver try fishingsanpedro.com he is a buddy of mine local man .his family has become my family sweet guy he will take care of you and show you a fun day ,do the fishing. ,combo,snorkel
lobster beach barbq.supper time go checkhim out
heis on the web site

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.