Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
OP Offline
B
Please post any information on status of the repairs here.

B
OP Offline
B
If the Canadians are going to be tied up at AC for 6 weeks restoring the electricity I can bring down my team of Linemen to restore Caye Caulker. We have the capability to do the entire job from the new generator to the last connection. If our services are or could be needed post a reply back and we will make arrangements to work out the details via the telephone. My men gave me a commitment last evening and we could leave as early as Tuesday or Wednesday. My suppliers are local and also gave me their commitment to help also. Many details to work out if needed. Please reply ASAP if this is somthing needed.
One more thing. I know this Island very well from my many journeys there.It is like a second home to me.
We could also help out the local electrician with anything he needs as well.Please reply if our services are needed.
Thank you,
Wade...

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-06-2000).]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I understand that BTL has established limited phone service at their office in San Pedro.
Please confirm.

L
L
Just spoke with someone in San Pedro and yes the BTL office did have fixed cellular phones in service - there were about 50 people in line 15 minutes ago waiting to make calls so it will take some time for everyone to get calls through. If I hear more I'll be sure to update....

C
C
post asap if anyone hears-I have a wedding at the yacht club and what I saw yesterday tells me to go ahead with the wedding with power being the only issue

Chuck E.
C
C

Chuck E.
B
OP Offline
B
The latest word is that the SP Town Board has electricity. Heard that the SunBreeze also has power. They're rapidly connecting the buildings that had little damage to the electricity lines/poles.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Please post info here.

C
C
Consolidated Water (Cayman Water Co.) sent a plane to Ambergris this morning 11am loaded with supplies to repair the water plant damage. They should have arrived a couple of hours later. I'm not sure how long it will take to get the plant back online but I'm certain they will do their best. My wife is the engineer who is taking the supplies to the plant, so we'll be able to update all on the estimated time of repairs. I hope she'll be back by tonight, the plane was a little (to much) over weight on the way there so I'm still crossing my fingers........

B
OP Offline
B
The Alijua Building now has power.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.