Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#70933 - 07/17/03 01:08 PM Another Golf Cart Question
Snorkelers2 Offline
I've researched the prices of golf cart rental on AC, and frankly, I'm shocked! I could rent a full-size car in most U.S. cities for a week for what it may cost to rent a golf cart for 5 days on AC.

However, we want to be able to get around and experience the island so I guess we will have to suck it up. My question is ... are all of the rental folks charging the same rates? Is there any advantage to renting through a hotel, or is it cheaper to go directly to the rental places? We're going in August, so I also wonder about off-season rates.

Thanks for any help or recommendations you experts can provide. This board has been tremendously helpful in planning our trip.

#70934 - 07/17/03 01:16 PM Re: Another Golf Cart Question
Ernie B Offline
Yea snorkle, carts are expensive on the island. They must be imported from the states, maintainance must be done every day, new batts, etc,etc. Not all charge the same. Hotels are more expensive but easier. Shop arount, try Milo's for a start. Negotiate your best deal.
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#70935 - 07/17/03 09:24 PM Re: Another Golf Cart Question
sweets Offline
just from experience Cars R Us is the cheapest - always ask for a discount since you are keeping it for a few days.

#70936 - 07/17/03 09:27 PM Re: Another Golf Cart Question
Pedro1 Offline
Ernie- Milo's has golf carts -since when-pillock
P.S. your spelling is geting a little better

#70937 - 07/17/03 10:06 PM Re: Another Golf Cart Question
indygal Offline
We never have found a golf cart necessary. We bike or walk and sometimes take a taxi, which are very reasonable. We did rent a golf cart for a day once to explore the island, didn't have much appeal, but then I am not in a hurry when in San Pedro. Where are you staying? If you are in town or close you might want to just go it a day or two with out the cart-just to see what life is like without wheels. Enjoy!!
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

#70938 - 07/17/03 10:08 PM Re: Another Golf Cart Question
toad Offline
screw that...be lazy

#70939 - 07/17/03 10:29 PM Re: Another Golf Cart Question
jimbob Offline
Carts are pricey. I even saw one with dealer plates on it! Use it one day to get groceries, booze, check out the island, and put it away. Walk the beaches, and if you get a 4 seater watch the speed bumps! My tail bone still ain't the same.

#70940 - 07/18/03 01:05 PM Re: Another Golf Cart Question
Snorkelers2 Offline
We're staying at Banana Beach and I understand that's about 1.5 miles from town. While we like to walk and the exercise will do us good, I hate the thought of a 1.5-mile walk to dinner in 90-degree weather with 98% humidity.

I lived Florida for 13 years so I know what it's like to sit around in sweaty clothes! Not fun.

We'd like it to be fairly easy to get to town. Maybe bikes would be a good alternative.

#70941 - 07/18/03 02:25 PM Re: Another Golf Cart Question
Richard Chambers Offline
Everything is negotiable in SP! We got a cart for under $40us a day last summer.Shop around. The price seems to get better if you bargain for the entire stay.Try Cholo's behind the fire station. cool

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 54 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,261 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.