Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70933 07/17/03 12:08 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I've researched the prices of golf cart rental on AC, and frankly, I'm shocked! I could rent a full-size car in most U.S. cities for a week for what it may cost to rent a golf cart for 5 days on AC.

However, we want to be able to get around and experience the island so I guess we will have to suck it up. My question is ... are all of the rental folks charging the same rates? Is there any advantage to renting through a hotel, or is it cheaper to go directly to the rental places? We're going in August, so I also wonder about off-season rates.

Thanks for any help or recommendations you experts can provide. This board has been tremendously helpful in planning our trip.

E
E
Yea snorkle, carts are expensive on the island. They must be imported from the states, maintainance must be done every day, new batts, etc,etc. Not all charge the same. Hotels are more expensive but easier. Shop arount, try Milo's for a start. Negotiate your best deal.

just from experience Cars R Us is the cheapest - always ask for a discount since you are keeping it for a few days.

Ernie- Milo's has golf carts -since when-pillock
P.S. your spelling is geting a little better

We never have found a golf cart necessary. We bike or walk and sometimes take a taxi, which are very reasonable. We did rent a golf cart for a day once to explore the island, didn't have much appeal, but then I am not in a hurry when in San Pedro. Where are you staying? If you are in town or close you might want to just go it a day or two with out the cart-just to see what life is like without wheels. Enjoy!!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
T
T
screw that...be lazy

J
J
Carts are pricey. I even saw one with dealer plates on it! Use it one day to get groceries, booze, check out the island, and put it away. Walk the beaches, and if you get a 4 seater watch the speed bumps! My tail bone still ain't the same.

S
OP Offline
S
We're staying at Banana Beach and I understand that's about 1.5 miles from town. While we like to walk and the exercise will do us good, I hate the thought of a 1.5-mile walk to dinner in 90-degree weather with 98% humidity.

I lived Florida for 13 years so I know what it's like to sit around in sweaty clothes! Not fun.

We'd like it to be fairly easy to get to town. Maybe bikes would be a good alternative.

Everything is negotiable in SP! We got a cart for under $40us a day last summer.Shop around. The price seems to get better if you bargain for the entire stay.Try Cholo's behind the fire station. cool

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.