Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
This is our 5th trip to Ambergris and would like to stay awhile this time. Considering moving there but taking the usual advice to stay awhile first.
Im looking for a two bedroom, beach front rental with a pool. Prefer closer to town but not necessary.
Considering just arriving and looking for a deal after I get there. Thats what I usually do. But I dont want to do alot of moving around if I cant get somthing for the full time. Dont mind one or two changes in the time frame though.
Any ideas anyone?
Lisa

sorry...but i can't be much help with what you're looking for in the way of accomodations....i will be in san pedro sept. 30 thru oct. 6....will be staying at corona del mar....maybe we can hook up....i'm sure some of the others on this board can steer you in the right direction....take care, and hope to see ya!!!! kerry

L
L
Check with Mary Stephson at [email protected]. She handles such rentals and may have something. She did have some units at Royal Palm I think.

R.B. Mernitz
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks, I will. I have emailed a few places already. I will see what Mary has also. I was looking for a private house, but now not so sure. I will be spending most of the time there alone. So started thinking a resort, or condo might be better so there is folks close by so I dont get to lonely. I can mingle at the pool or bar laugh
My husband will join me for the first few weeks, then return home. Then Jim and our daughter will join me again in late November.
I love Caribe Island resort. I understand that the Sunset resort next door is now renting also. Just checking on the long term prices still there.
It's the veiw from the room that is the most important to me, I try and paint sometimes. Of course the price is the next in line.
Thanks for the replies.

K
K
Lisa, what wonderful news! There was an apartment for rent two doors down from BC's going South, don't know if it is still available. Second floor, looked nice. A lot of the hotels offer longterm rentals now, just email the lot and see what they offer you. The main problem you will run into looking for private residences, is that a lot of people ask for a minimum of a six months lease agreement, so maybe one of the hotels/resorts is your best bet. And remember you are going to be there in off-season!! Good luck!

We got a real good rate from the new managers at Royal Palm for a 2 month stay. Martyn or Eva at
royalpalmbelize.com We have stayed there and enjoyed the quiet and large pool. The condos are larger then most, which becomes more important the longer you stay. The balconys are big enough to have room to paint and then some.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
L
L
Lisa, If you are a painter and want to meet some local gals, contact Susan Lala and Caribean Villa's. She has organized a group who get together and paint each week. Susan is quite talented as are others in the group. I kind of fall into the beginner category, but when I can go really enjoy the company .

R.B. Mernitz
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks I will try the Royal Palms and see what they have. As for the painting group that might be fun.
I too am only a amature. It's a wonderful hobby, but Im never satisfied with anything I do and usually dont show anyone. I always claim it's not done yet. Ive painted alot of murals in my nightclubs and paint lots of signs.
Thanks for the responses. I'm getting very anxious to get down there. Alaska is beautiful in the summers. It was 80 yesterday, but it dosnt compare with Belize weather.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.