Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71230 07/24/03 12:48 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Does anyone have an opinion concerning Monkey Business. I am considering using them to schedule diving trips etc. Banana Beach suggested them. Anyone have any experience with this group.

Thanks

#71231 07/24/03 02:05 PM
Prior to arriving in Belize, I tried to book a custom trip to Tikal through them, and had a lot of trouble communicating with them because I did not want to book the typical 1 night tour, staying in Flores. Ended up booking it through Katie at Maya Travel, who you can link to through this site.

But, once I was at Banana Beach, they were excellent! Highly recommend Sandra (who is also the star of the Belikin calendar). She spent an hour looking all over the hotel for me when she was able to book me on a last minute snorkel trip (she was having trouble reaching Alphonse, the guide). You can probably book directly through the tour operators and pay a little less, but Monkey Business makes everything convenient - and when I had to cancel a snorkel trip due to slight case of turista, Sandra handled all the logistics.

#71232 07/24/03 07:34 PM
Monkey Business Travel Shop is on the Banana Beach Property. The girls in there are awesome. I have never had any problem with them and they are extremely helpful. They will offer you alternatives if the trip you want to take isn't going and if you know someone in particular that you want to go out on a tour with even if it isn't someone they normally use they will be happy to arrange it for you.

#71233 07/25/03 06:52 AM
B
B
They are located at Banana Beach, and I used them to book several snorkeling trips when I stayed there less than 2 weeks ago. I found them to be very helpful. One thing I noticed, however, is that they charge 8% tax on their services. If you book your own snorkeling trip directly with the operator, I don't believe you are charged tax. Maybe I'm wrong on this. Could it be that since they are selling someone else's service they must charge the tax? I know that 8% isn't much for a $30 snorkeling trip, but it does add up after a while. Something to keep in mind.

By the way, I highly recommend Alfonso Graniel for snorkeling trips. Of the 3 operators I've used, he is by far the best.

#71234 07/25/03 07:08 AM
S
S
We second the nomination for Alfonse Graniel; you can book him directly yourself by calling 614-5450 or 226-3537 after you arrive. Ask him about other snorkeling sites after you visit Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley. Have a great time!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.