Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
ajames Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello. I am looking at literally a $400 fare from SFO to Belize leaving next week. I usually go to the south pacific, but airfares are hovering around $1100 to Samoa or Fiji.

So I am consiering Belize. I am the type that likes rustic style accoms with very few people, just a beautiful beach and some good swimming or playing around i the water. I really don't like crowds, but enjoy just a simple place.

Is there any type of remote accom on AC or anywhere in Belize that anybody could reommend? I've looked at so many sites but it is really hard to gauage what the places are like and their environment. I like the idea of atolls as I've been to French Polynesias atolls several times, more so to the remote atolls like Tikehau, Fakarava staying in a simple hut and eating good food.

I am preferably looking at no more than $50 a night, less would be better, and I dont' need luxury. simple hut, even hurricane lamp is fine.

Any ideas??

You could try some of the outer cayes - Ranguana would probably work perfectly for you - 4 cabins, very rustic, beautiful beach and miles from civilization.

Blackbird Caye is a cool spot too out in the Turneffe Atol - the prices there include dives and food.

Kitty's Place in Placencia has some "budget" rooms that would work - Kitty's beach is fabulous, the resort is not at all crowded and is filled with rustic charm. Also food is both good and reasonable, restaurant is open 7 am - 10 pm. Kitty's place can also arrange for a stay on French Louis Caye.

M
M
Ranguana would be great, cabins are us$100.00 per night and meals another 35.00pp per day. But right on the reef and great for walk in snorkeling, fishing and kayaks on the island for travel from caye to shining caye. about 19 miles from Placencia village.

Maya Travel Services
T
T
If one was looking for budget travel in Belize, I would try Placencia. Ambergris is a bit pricey. You'll get more for your money, if your on a budget, in Placencia. In my opinion. Try Seabreeze Motel on the walkway just outside of town. It's RIGht ON the water, and you can get a decent room for $25 US per night for two. Eat at DE Tatch, or any of the ma and pa places around. Many folks will tell ya that Belize is one of the pricier destinations in Central America, along with Costa Rica. But still cheaper than vacationing in the US, and there are a ton of fun things to do. wink laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.