Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#71469 - 08/01/03 02:05 AM Lamanai tour thru Tropic Air
zeecube Offline
Looking for reviews by those who took the Lamanai tour thru Tropic Air. On paper the plus appears to be that you're back on AC by 1pm. Minus is cost versus traveling to the site by boat. Comments would be most appreciated.

#71470 - 08/01/03 01:58 PM Re: Lamanai tour thru Tropic Air
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I've not done the Tropic Air tour, but one of the highlights of Lamanai is getting there by boat up the New River and New River lagoon. Lamanai itself is wonderful, in Belize second only to Caracol for a Maya ruin experience.

--Lan Sluder

#71471 - 08/01/03 02:02 PM Re: Lamanai tour thru Tropic Air
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I just realized Tropic flies to Orange Walk, then you go on the river to Lamanai, so that's the best of both worlds, except for the extra bucks. (There's also an airstrip near Lamanai.)

--Lan Sluder

#71472 - 08/01/03 03:37 PM Re: Lamanai tour thru Tropic Air
zeecube Offline
Thanks, Lan. Since there are 4 in our group, I calculate that the savings in air fare by flying in/out of muni instead of international to reach AC on arrival/departure can be used to fund the Lamanai trip thru Tropic, so that at least in my mind, the air tour is about the same as the boat tour,without a change in budget.

#71473 - 08/01/03 04:03 PM Re: Lamanai tour thru Tropic Air
Sandcrab Offline
Great idea!

Sounds like a plan coming together...

Jim

#71474 - 08/01/03 07:46 PM Re: Lamanai tour thru Tropic Air
mobunny Offline
Flying certainly sounds like the best of both worlds. (The only drawback I can see is we don't get to partake in the delicous lunch Willie from SEArious would make for us.) Maybe will do the Tropic tour on my birthday and the extra cost of flying will be my birthday treat! Yup, I get to spend my 45th b-day in San Pedro. Hurray!! laugh laugh laugh 17 days and counting. mobunny

#71475 - 08/06/03 11:48 AM Re: Lamanai tour thru Tropic Air
patrick-e Offline
We took the Lamanai trip with Tropic Air last year and highly recommend it! We left San Pedro for Orange Walk at 7:30 sharp and arrived there at 8:00 am. Then a 1+ hour boat ride on the New river. We toured the ruins and were treated to a great lunch by the ladies at Lamanai. Then a quick boat ride back to the air strip and we were back at San Pedro before 1:45pm. The alternative is a long boat ride and I personally think the trade off is well worth it. Lamanai itself was well worth the visit. Don't miss this trip. smile

#71476 - 08/06/03 03:59 PM Re: Lamanai tour thru Tropic Air
mobunny Offline
Thank you for the input. We have decided that Tropic Air is the way to go. We'll let you know what we think when we get back. mobunny laugh

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Jameela01, Marty, Ricklap, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,068 Topics
462,330 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.