Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71936 08/10/03 06:17 PM
L
OP Offline
L
We are planning a tip for 6 of us and have a chance to get a 2bdr unti at Banyon Bay. Anyone stayed there and can tell us what it is like ? Is is too far from SP ? Do they rent golf carts there ? Are to rooms nice ? How about the restaurant ?

We have been to AC befor eand loved it, stayed at Journey's End. Thanx.

#71937 08/10/03 08:31 PM
I've stayed at Banyan Bay and have also toured it a time or two. I think it's a terrific place. It has two-bedroom, two-bath condo-style units, and they're among the largest on the island, around 1,000 square feet. The units are very nicely and tastefully decorated. There's a full kitchen and living room area (beautiful hardwoods on the ceiling) and balconies/sitting areas with sea views. All the modcons -- A/C, cable TV, phones, etc.

It's about 1 1/4 miles from town, so it's handy to have a golf cart (Banyan Bay can arrange a rental, although you can rent your own). Or you can take a taxi, or walk along the beach.

There's a big pool and a pretty good stretch of beach. The times I've been there, there have been quite a few families.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#71938 08/11/03 06:50 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Thanx, sounds nice. We are also looking at Xanadu, and Banana Bay. Any thoughts on them, or any other nice property with 3bdr untis for 6 ?

#71939 08/11/03 08:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Our Royal Suite at Caribe Island may be what you are looking for. It's 1300 sq ft, 3 br, 3 ba, Private balcony. You can check it out at www.caribeisland.com and see the actual suite.
Cheerz,
Vicki

#71940 08/11/03 09:07 AM
There are not that many three-bedroom units on the island. Besides Caribe Island's three-bedroom (which would be a great choice, too) Banana Beach has some units that can be adapted as one-, two-, three- or four-bedroom suites. Offhand I don't recall if The Palms has any three-bedrooms or not. Sunset Beach had some, but I'm not sure what is happening there these days. Xanadu has a three-bedroom (though I've only seen the one- and two-bedroom units). Banyan Bay only has two-bedrooms.

Another option would be a vacation house rental. Marty has some listed here on the Lodges section of the site. Caye Management manages quite a few vacation home rentals. There are some new homes under construction -- I believe the owners of Mata Chica are building new homes which will be sold and then managed as vacation rentals.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
#71941 08/11/03 10:07 AM
Banyan Bay does have a 3 bedroom suite available. We just returned from our trip to AC yesterday. We stayed at Banyan Bay. Initially, we reserved a 2 bdrm suite on the beach. We were given one of the 3 bdrm, 3 bath suites on 2nd level right on the beach (3rd berdroom was in the loft area, but fully enclosed). And they are just as nice as Lan describes above. Service was top-notch. Beach and pool were great! Weather was great! Only ate at Rico restaurant once (at Sat Bar-B-Que night), but I can attest that Rico's has a fully stocked bar. It was much more fun to "drive into town" in a rented golf-cart to dine. But very expensive to rent a cart ($65/day).

#71942 08/11/03 12:20 PM
I stand corrected about Banyan Bay having three-bedroom suites.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
#71943 08/11/03 08:20 PM
J
J
We really enjoyed Banyan Bay. Had a beachfront room and it was great having morning coffee or stepping over to the hammock or down to the beach and "chillin". Also looked at Xanadu and while we were there they had a large pile of seagrass behind their bulkhead that put off quite an odor. Wherever you stay I envy you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.