Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
we were thinking about spending a couple of days of our trip on Caye Caulker...maybe the last two days of a 10 day trip...but i'm beginning to think a better idea might be to just stay put on AC and take a day trip to CC...

less hassle packing up and moving to a new room...and then trying to get back to belize city from there...not even sure if there's a flight from CC...

anyway...CC looks like it would be a great day trip...how much would a water taxi cost to go and come back from san pedro? any advice about things to do/see while on CC...eating, shopping, sight seeing...etc?

We usually take a snorkel/sail, and end up in CC for lunch. We have found that we can do all the sightseeing/eating/shopping in about an hour and a half. This place is so laid back it is amazing.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
W
W
I would just make a day trip of it. I am not sure what it would cost but there is not enough there to do for 2 days. Unless of course you want to just sit. There is a decent beach and a neat bar at the end of the island. The hotels I have seen on my trips do not have AC and do not look like much. AC isn't always necessary but those times of year when the air is still it gets pretty warm.

B
B
A round trip SP <-> CC is $15US PP... boats go from the Shark's Bar dock, about every 1.5hrs. or so. It's flexible this way; you can go early and come back whenever...

Alot of people find plenty to do on Caye Caulker to make it worth while to stay for many days. But their tours are basically the same thing you can get from San Pedro. If all you are interested in seeing is the island itself, you can do so in an hour and a half. But if you want to get the feel for the island and meet some people, you should spend a couple of nights. It has a very different feel than San Pedro. There are great hotels with AC if you feel you need it. And you can fly to and from Bz City. You can even fly to and from SP if you want. I love both Caye Caulker and SP, but they are very different from each other. And I know many people who love CC, but do not like SP. It all depends on what you are looking for.

have your hotel call george and have him sail you over to cc in the rum punch. he will stop to snorkel on the way. grab a bite at rasta pasta. pick out a favorite print at silk painters to round out a perfect day.
gay

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.