Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#72236 08/15/03 01:04 PM
zaasp Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,
Thanks for the info about places to stay.We made all the arrangements for travel to San Pedro, and will arrive Sept14 for a week. However, we just recieved word that USAirways has cancelled our flights so we secured alternate travel through continental.It sounds like a major mess. Now we have to go to USairways and have them transfer tickets to Continental, then have Continental turn that info into paper tickets. Not an easy thing to do since we're at least 2 hours from a major airport. The question I have is has anyone else had this type of problem with USAIRWAYS or has anyone heard what the trouble may be. Thanks for the help.See ya'll in September!

#72237 08/15/03 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Sorry you are having such a problem. Another airlines did this same thing to my husband about a year ago, and we made the 3 hour drive to Jacksonville FL, only to find out that we needed to make the 4 hour trip to Atlanta. What a mess.
I do know that US Air has cut their flights into Belize City, for the slow season.
Good luck!!

#72238 08/15/03 02:58 PM
Oh my!!! Guess I better check w/US Air as we have a scheduled flight next Sun

Sherry from NC
#72239 08/17/03 09:38 AM
wow, this post really scared me. I'm leaving on Thursday thru U.S. Air and called both travelocity and U.S. Air to confirm. I'm confirmed for now, but I think I'll call everyday until thursday for peace of mind. I know that sucks, and I hope you work out alternate arrangements without incurring add'l costs.

#72240 08/17/03 09:59 AM
R
R
SanHam,

WHERE ARE YOU FLYING OUT OF. WE TOO ARE LEAVING THURSDAY ON US AIRWAYS AND I HAVE ALSO BEEN CALLING THE AIRLINE. IF YOU HAVE ANY NEWS PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]. HOPE TO MEET YOU IN SAN PEDRO. ALSO, LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING WITH EVERYONE ELSE TOO. RBJ

rbj
#72241 08/17/03 10:04 AM
Rosemary,

I'm leaving out of Detroit Thursday morning and connecting into Charlotte,NC. Travelocity confirmed my flight and said they had not heard of this flight in particular being canceled from the airlines. They then suggested I call the airlines direct and confirm. I did, and they confirmed that everything was on schedule. However, I think I'll call everyday to be sure. Would they cancel a flight so close? I'll be on the mainland for three days and then I'll be on AC on the 24th just in time for BC's BBQ -I'm staying at Banyan Bay. What about you?

#72242 08/18/03 06:32 AM
R
R
SANHAM,

WE'RE LEAVING FROM ATLANTA AND ALSO CONNECTING IN NC ~1050. WE'RE GOING STRAIGHT TO THE ISLAND AND WILL BE THERE FOR A LOOOOONNNNGGG TIME. CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY FIRST GLIMPSE OF THE ISLAND; SINCE WE ARE FIRST-TIMERS, BUT NOT LAST-TIMERS. THANKS FOR THE INFO. RBJ

rbj
#72243 08/18/03 07:00 AM
I think Rosemary is excited laugh

Enjoy your Island Time smile

#72244 08/18/03 11:45 AM
I think if I was Rosemary I would be excited toooooo. So Rosemary how long is a loooooong time?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
#72245 08/18/03 05:14 PM
R
R
YOU BET THAT I'M EXCITED!!

A LOOONNNGGG TIME IS ABOUT 40 MONTHS! THEN I'LL NEED TO COME BACK TO THE STATES PERIODICALLY. ONCE THIS IS OVER THEN THE TIMES' THE LIMIT!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!! LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING ANYONE/EVERYONE FROM THE "MESSAGE BOARD"!!

OH YEAH; DOES THE LOCAL BUSINESSES TAKE TRAVEL CHECKS? ALSO, WHAT IS THE BEST EXCHANGE RATE? I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I JUST STARTED TO THINK ABOUT THESE "SMALL ITEMS." I GUESS MY MIND WAS ON THE SUN, WIND AND WAVES. THIS MAY SOUND LIKE A VACATION BUT REALLY IS A DREAM COME TRUE. FOR MY HUSBAND IT WILL BE A VACATION...FOR ME WELL???? I'LL JUST HAVE TO TELL Y'ALL IN PERSON WHEN WE MEET. HMMM!!! MYSTERY??? YOU BET...BUT NOT AS MYSTERIOUS AS ONE MAY THINK. WE ALSO HOPE TO BE BUILDING A HOME IN THE NOT TO DISTANT FUTURE. I THINK THAT I'LL GET ALOT FROM LISTENING TO ALL OF YOU!!! SEE YA!!! RBJ

PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP ON THE ISLAND VIA CONCHITA.

rbj
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 156 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.