Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
My brother just got a call from a lady in N.C. She said they spent the entire Hurricane with my folks. My parents room didn't last 6 hours and the roof came right off..they went to a lower room and met the pple from N.C. She said we should be proud of my parents..they were very strong and level headed throughout the entire ordeal. My dad made alot of jokes and kept pple laughing.

She did say there were moments they did fear for their lives..but all in all..they did OK!

My parents "were" going to fly back home..but my mom basically said..Dammit Ken..we are now residents and I'm not leaving these pple behind. Therefore they have stayed to help rebuild.

They might fly home after a couple of weeks just to recoup and see the family..then go back to San Pedro.

My dad thought he found a bottle of rum and opened it to share with everyone. They were drinking out of cocunut shells. They thought it tasted rather "weak" and disovered it was actually water someone put in the bottle..probably to conserve. They all had a good laugh at that!

So there you have it. I won't be bugging anyone anymore if they have seen my parents!!!!

Estimated 3 weeks for power to be restored..according to this lady. Though my dad is trying to locate someone with a cell phone so he can call.

H
H
Kathy, That's WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I'm so happy for you, and know know how much relief this brings you!

I have a few more names for you. I'll post them as soon as I can. Right now I have to go talk to the local news people to try to get some help for Belize.

K
OP Offline
K
Thanx Helen....

I hope they are names for the found list!!

Please email them to me...that way the names won't get lost in these posts!

[email protected]

will try and get to them ASAP...will be going to town to run errands today...

P
P
Kathy have been noticing your postings since this started. Congrats on news of your family's safety.

K
K
Great news Kathy ! I am so happy for you ! Karin

J
J
Fantastic Kathy;

I just found this thread AFTER emailing you to see if you had heard any update on them. I am SO relieved!!!

John

FAR OUT! Bet you are smilin happy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.