Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#7263 - 10/05/00 05:41 PM CONFIRMED..MY PARENTS ARE OK!!!
Kathy in Canada Offline
My brother just got a call from a lady in N.C. She said they spent the entire Hurricane with my folks. My parents room didn't last 6 hours and the roof came right off..they went to a lower room and met the pple from N.C. She said we should be proud of my parents..they were very strong and level headed throughout the entire ordeal. My dad made alot of jokes and kept pple laughing.

She did say there were moments they did fear for their lives..but all in all..they did OK!

My parents "were" going to fly back home..but my mom basically said..Dammit Ken..we are now residents and I'm not leaving these pple behind. Therefore they have stayed to help rebuild.

They might fly home after a couple of weeks just to recoup and see the family..then go back to San Pedro.

My dad thought he found a bottle of rum and opened it to share with everyone. They were drinking out of cocunut shells. They thought it tasted rather "weak" and disovered it was actually water someone put in the bottle..probably to conserve. They all had a good laugh at that!

So there you have it. I won't be bugging anyone anymore if they have seen my parents!!!!

Estimated 3 weeks for power to be restored..according to this lady. Though my dad is trying to locate someone with a cell phone so he can call.

#7264 - 10/05/00 05:44 PM Re: CONFIRMED..MY PARENTS ARE OK!!!
Helen Offline
Kathy, That's WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I'm so happy for you, and know know how much relief this brings you!

I have a few more names for you. I'll post them as soon as I can. Right now I have to go talk to the local news people to try to get some help for Belize.

#7265 - 10/05/00 05:59 PM Re: CONFIRMED..MY PARENTS ARE OK!!!
Kathy in Canada Offline
Thanx Helen....

I hope they are names for the found list!!

Please email them to me...that way the names won't get lost in these posts!

minikitty@compusmart.ab.ca

will try and get to them ASAP...will be going to town to run errands today...

#7266 - 10/05/00 10:16 PM Re: CONFIRMED..MY PARENTS ARE OK!!!
phaedramom Offline
Kathy have been noticing your postings since this started. Congrats on news of your family's safety.

#7267 - 10/05/00 10:20 PM Re: CONFIRMED..MY PARENTS ARE OK!!!
karin Offline
Great news Kathy ! I am so happy for you ! Karin

#7268 - 10/06/00 05:58 AM Re: CONFIRMED..MY PARENTS ARE OK!!!
John in Vancouver, Canada Offline
Fantastic Kathy;

I just found this thread AFTER emailing you to see if you had heard any update on them. I am SO relieved!!!

John

#7269 - 10/06/00 06:07 AM Re: CONFIRMED..MY PARENTS ARE OK!!!
Marty Offline
FAR OUT! Bet you are smilin happy!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.