Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
My fiance and I are coming to AC for our honeymoon. Does anyone have any suggestions of where we should stay?

So far we are interested in Captain Morgan's, Ramon's & Corona Del Mar.

Thanks for your help!

M
M
I would stay at Victoria House. In my opinion it is the most luxurious hotel on the south end of the island and very much a honeymoon place. We stayed there. We saw Captain Morgans which was nice also but I do not think at the same level as Victoria House

In the low season Cap't Morgans is not expensive at all ($159/nt). Does go up to $249 in high season but that's no more than a lot of the high end places.

Any of the above mentioned places would be good for a honeymoon. Personally I recommend Victoria House as well if it's in your price range. Corona del Mar would be the lower priced end of the places you mentioned but is nice as well, and has the "open bar" advantage. There are many, many options - depends on what type atmosphere and amenities you are looking for.

OP Offline
We are thinking about doing 3 or 4 nights at one place and the last 3 at the other. So we can chose two places to stay. We are probably going to start out at Captain Morgan's (I like the thatched roof cabanas). We would like to relax the first day or two and then spend the rest of the time snorkeling/taking diving classes and possibly go to some Mayan ruins or do some cave tubing. Has anyone ever stayed at Ramon's or Victoria House? Or are there any other hotels you would suggest in that area?
Thanks!!

For a honeymoon in San Pedro, I'd probably suggest looking first at Victoria House, Portofino (the honeymoon suite) and Mata Chica ... or Cayo Espanto if money is absolutely no object.

However, several of the condotels and suites places such as Banana Beach, The Palms, Belizean Shores and others offer more space, about the same amenities and are great values.

A terrific honeymoon place in Placencia is Turtle Inn.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
W
W
Just another opinion... we stayed at Ramons in May, and it was absolutely wonderful! We also went to the Victoria House for dinner, and it was THE most beautiful place but far from the downtown shopping/restaurant area. I felt so pampered and catered to at Ramons, that I just HAD to give it a plug... honestly, I doubt there is a really *bad* place to stay in AC; when you're in paradise everything is good! Have fun, let us know how it goes!

It's no secret that I preferred Victoria House over Captain Morgans. Corona del Mar is not in the same category.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Wes, I don't recommend Victoria House to you but to a honeymooning couple, yes.

Why don't you consider getting yourself some less expensive accommodations and then grabbing a water taxi up to Capt. Morgan's one afternoon and hanging around there for a few hours. That may satisfy your "sweet tooth", so to speak, without emptying your wallet.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

IRM Offline
I stayed a Ramons in March and just got back from there Monday. Ramons has a very jungle garden feel to it where VH is a beautifully manicured colonial looking property. VH is a bit out of the way and doesn't have that nice of a beachfront. Also the properties next to VH are trashy looking. I've been to Captain Morgans a few times and found it kind of plain and uninteresting. I you're looking up north, Belizean Shores looks pretty nice. Plus they have a great pool with a swim up bar. Check out my Ramons pics (from March trip).

Cap't Morgans is $159 per cabana (low season), not per person.

Lynn - Personally I would not recommend splitting the trip up into 2 hotels on AC. It would basically be the same experience with a few miles and "hotel ambiance" difference. If you want to split up the trip why not part on AC and part on the mainland (which is where you will be going for the ruins & cave tubing anyhow)? Or if you want all beach accommodations, how about a few nights on AC and a few nights in Placencia or Hopkins/Dangriga area? There are some ruins near Placencia/Hopkins and the cave tubing can be done as a day trip from either place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.