Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SanHam Offline OP
OP Offline
I need to give big ups to the great people, service, restaurants in San Pedro. After spending a few days in San Ignacio/Santa Elena, my friend karen and I drove back to the airport after making a stop by the belize zoo. Waiting on the puddle jumper we met a newlywed couple from Michigan at the airport who were staying at the palms. We laughed as they asked about the palms and how the weather will be. They must have noticed the glazed look on our faces and asked if we'd been here before. All I could do was nod and smile. Well I have to say, I did enjoy the mainland side of our trip, especially our hotel at Cahal Pech (waking up to the fog rolling in, birdwatching and even the roosters crowing was nice) but I was jumping out of my skin to get back to San Pedro. It was Sunday afternoon and I wanted to get to B.C.'s for some seafood. So, I'll make a long story longer and give some highlights:

BC's - This should be everybody's first stop upon arrival (but get there early on Sunday). They make you feel great. We arrived too late for lobster so all that was left was ribs and shrimp. We got a margarita to go with it and wow, mission accomplished. What is the name of the hostess there. Is it Charlene. What a nice lady. Thought I saw Mobunny go by but wasn't sure.

Banyan Bay - Wow, this place is froo froo and we just loved it. After a rustic stay on the Mainland, this is just what we needed. We each had our own b.r. and bath, a balcony and jacuzzi. The beach is raked and they even have an area you can snorkel from. Abfab!!!!!!

Massage - aaaaaah - Master heung (sp) is the man to see - this is not a massage but a "treatment". Karen went back on the day we were leaving.

Food - The yum yum awards go to Cocina Carumba (lobster and fish), Rubies (those breakfast thingies, plus the locals go here too, which is a good sign), jambel jerks (fish and lobster), Banyan Bays restaurant (lobster omelot), BC's (Ribs and shrimp plus the great atmosphere, Manelli's ice cream (coconut). Regrets for a host of others that i just couldn't get to.

Nightlife - Finally I got my reggae on with the Punta Boys - all is right with the world.

Exploring - North side, South side, All sides - its all good. The palapa bar is a nice rest stop on the way and they make good smoothies too..

Monchos golfcarts - It was cheap, they delivered to our hotel and the one time we did have trouble with it (stopped right in the middle of me turning around), this guy comes out of nowhere, says he works for monchos, calls for a swap and 5 minutes later we're on our way. No problems, mon.

Snorkel - yes, the sharks are back at shark ray alley and the sting rays are plentyful (I finally got to feel the underside of one). and the snorkeling from the beach at banyan bay (unbelievable).

Time to go - Had a good laugh with Jet at the airport. My son's name is Jett and he asked me if I named my son after him (lol). Jet drew me a picture on one of his coasters and we hugged goodbye. A fitting ending to a lovely trip.

Regrets/Next time - Still didn't get to Caye Cauker, snorkel at Tres Coco/mexico rocks, look for boarders, parasail, another session w/master Heung, stay longer.

Thanks for reading wink

You're welcome smile
What a nice report, it's an easy read and not filled to the brim with all of the incidentials.

Next time laugh
Thanks for sharing.

Hi SanHam, We were in SP on Sunday August 24th. We rented a Moncho's golf car that day and checked out (i.e. dip in pool, drink, hang out and take pics) all the resorts from CIR to Belizean Shores. So I don't think it was me you saw because we went everywhere in the golfcart all day. Was I with a big tall blonde guy? We thought we saw you on Monday the 18th at Bluewater Grill with two blondes? mobunny wink

PS Great trip report! Thanks.

SanHam Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Mobunny,

sorry we missed each other - I guess that wasn't you and nope that wasn't me (lol). But hey, where's your trip report.

I am working on it and the pic website right now! If I can keep focused long enough it should be posted later today. smile mobunny

Very nice report. Sounds like all is well in San Pedro. Chal Pech is a very nice place. Great view of San Ignacio at night. And its cool up there. Did you visit the Silva family farm at La Familia for horse back riding. I was fortunate enough to take a ride in that rainforest earlier in the year...and I am curious to know if it is open to the public yet. PS. The forest does have riding paths.

Gone fishing!!
SanHam Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill, you seem to know everybody smile Is the silva family farm on the Mountain Pine Ridge road. If so, I think we passed it, but not sure if its open to the public. I'll be sure to put that on my list of "next time".

thanks San! loved reading this next installment. Did you get try to punta?

Bill does get around, doesn't he?

...and I can run about in St Louis for months without knowing anyone. The Silva Family owns quite abit around San Ignacio. Honorable Daniel Silva owns Cahal Pech Resort. Their Mother owns Venus Hotel and my friend Maria Orfelina owns Midas Tropical Resort. They are a wonderful family. PS. That Silva facility is the village that houses personnel from the forest perserve. I do not know where the name comes from... perhaps named after one of the Silva's.

Gone fishing!!
M
M
Douglas da Silva, headquarters for Forest Dept in the MPR

Maya Travel Services
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (Marty), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.