Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bonjoe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well we just returned from our 3rd trip to Belize and I realize that I love it even more. Normally we go the first two weeks in November but due to some scheduling conflicts we decided to go in September this year. The first four days we spent down in Hopkins and Hamanasi resort. Stayed in one of their tree houses. It was very nice. Will not bore you with the details but I just wanted to give them a plug. It is a very nice resort. We rented a car (an Isuzu Trooper) at international through Thrifty for the drive down to Hopkins. We had no problems with the car but I just want to mention that they allowed us to return it to the municipal airport instead of international free of charge. Do not know if this is common but I don't remember reading that anywhere. Also I knew gas was expensive but at around 7.50 belize a gallon, I will not be complaining when I have to pay $1.75 to fill up here in PA. anymore. All in all it saved us a taxi ride back to municipal - maybe that can help someone out in the future. Now onto San Pedro......

Arrived at Caribe Island and found out that we were the only guest in the entire resort for the week. We were treated like we owned the place. Just want to say to Vicki and Butch that you have a great staff working for you. Hopefully one day we will get to meet you. Caribe Island was great and I had a blast swimming out to the water trampoline. Albert still makes the best margaritas on the island. Caribe is still may favorite resort on the island.

Restaurants - Cocina Carumba was very nice. It was our first time their. Food was very good and not over priced. While we were waiting for our food the waiters came around with various brainteasers. If you figured them out you would win a free rum punch. Never figured them out. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Papis - was awesome. Still one of my favorites restaurants.

Los Cocos - was also very good. Dinner for four with a couple of Belikins and soft drinks came to 42 belize. Probably the best deal on the island.

Jambels - was very good as usual.

Restaurant at the Caribe was also very good. Two of us went fishing one day and caught a bunch of snapper, barracuda, and one huge jack. Dwayne and Albert cooked them up for us and it was delicious.

Happy Hour at Wet Willies is a must on Wednesday night. All though I did not with the other couple that went down with us, they had a blast. I woke up to two stumbling clowns at 4:30 in the morning. They closed wet willy's down that night and had to walk back to the Caribe (about three miles). Both of them were dancing up on the bar and they actually made 75 belize in tips. After a shot of Viper rum the guy was up dancing on the bar and decided to add his boxers to the panty collection that is hanging up on the wall. So if anyone sees a pair a boxers hanging on the wall, now you know where they came from. They had a night to remember..... well at least some of it.

The Independence day celebrations are also a must see. Front street was closed down on Saturday and they had a huge block party. Went to the Holiday Pier Lounge for the Pirate costume party and had a blast. The had "buried" treasures that you had to find that were hidden through out the bar. One of us actually won round trip airfare on Maya airlines.

How could I forget...since this was our first trip down in September, Belikin has a September Fest beer that they came out with. What an added treat.

Another great trip and from now on I think we will be going down in September for Independence day in September from now on. The weather was perfect, no sand fleas, and I can not wait to return again. Thanks for reading.

Joe

Great report. Sounds like you had a really wonderful time. It just makes me want to go back sooner then next August. Thanks for sharing. mobunny

bonjoe you also are hooked on san pedro .. ,great post ......never danced on a bar ???????? due to the weight limit .but maybe one day I will on try it anyway .worst comes to worse if it breaks I will buy them a new one ?????? life is good when your having fun ,and it does sound like you are good at that"""" keep living the dream enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Joe,
Sorry we missed you, you'll have to come back down!! Thanks for the good words, I'll pass them on our staff!
Cheerz,
Vicki

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.