Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
4.24.04 Offline OP
OP Offline
please share any experiences or advice regarding this. Privacy is important, it would be nice to save a little $$, but we would splurge for VH if it is "worth it". We would like to swim in the sea, kayak, snorkel, go to town a few times (distance isn't really an issue), and do some scuba diving. We will be spending the jungle portion of our trip at Ek' Tun and I am thrilled with the idea, but am having a difficult time finding a place in AC that I am equally sure of...
Thank you!

The two places are really different. Victoria House is a full-service resort with all the amenities -- pool, gift shop, dive shop, a variety of accommodations from motel-like to deluxe villa suites. Capricorn (and this may change with the new ownership) has always been primarily a restaurant. The three little cabins are fine but there are few resort amenities, and the restaurant has been the focus.

There's really nothing like Ek'Tun on Ambergris.

You might also look at Caribbean Villas, which has spacious and undeveloped grounds around it, the honeymoon suite at Portofino and some of the small condotels (Belizean Shores is one that's north) which offer a lot of space and value for the money.

If you want the beach equivalent to Ek'Tun you might want to look at a small island such as South Water (Pelican Beach), Whipray or Isla Marisol (if it is still open).

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I agree with what Lan said about VH and his other recommendations. I have had honeymooner's stay at Capricorn and loved it for the personal attention and privacy as they only have 3 cabanas. I don't know if this will change with the new owners. Some other popular honeymoon spots are Mata Chica on North AC, Turtle Inn or Robert's Grove in Placencia.

J
J
go to capricorn for dinner and a nice boat ride, stay closer to town, if its your first time and honeymoon, spend some money and stay at Victoria House or any of the other suggestions, no matter where you stay its your honeymoon!!! live it up!!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Victoria House is beautiful. One tip: I think the cabanas are a better value than the honeymoon suite. While the honeymoon suite is very large, and pretty much on the beach, the cabanas are neighboring structures and are quite nice as well, and significantly less expensive.

If it was my honeymoon I would stay at Victoria
house. It is lovely there.

boob

4.24.04 Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you all for the feedback. I am beginning to lean towards VH for its convenience, great reviews, and beauty. I am thinking about either a casita or a plantation room. Any suggestions???

This is just so romantic!!!
[Linked Image]

I dunno, maybe you'd better ask Pedro1. He's the only guy around here that really knows anything about any of the hotels and resorts on the island. Myself, I defer to him in all things.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

C
C
BAD advice!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.