Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74219 09/30/03 04:05 PM
P
petert Offline OP
OP Offline
P
i was interested in either Belizee or St. Barths for my honeymoon. I was told that St. Barths is better but I figured to keep looking into it. I heard that Belize is only good if you like diving which I'm really know nothing about.

Any thoughts?

Are the beaches nice or are they on the rocky side.

Also, is it a safe place to roam around with my bride?

#74220 09/30/03 04:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I've actually been to St. Barths. It's really exclusive. It depends on what you want. St. Barth has amazing beaches, and I frankly think they are overrated, they are more "traditionally" beautiful than belize's beaches. There is a lot of snobbery there though. I didn't get served lunch one day because I didn't look rich enough!

If your bride likes to shop, however, she'd love it, because there's armani, versaci, etc. But if you two want an adventure, Belize may be better for you. Especially if you go inland or to the south. There are others here that may help.

#74221 09/30/03 04:30 PM
P
petert Offline OP
OP Offline
P
thank you so much for your fast reply I really appreciate it.

now as far as foreign islands go, is this one safe for women?

i've heard mixed reviews on the crime on the island if you are not staying at a resort.

#74222 09/30/03 04:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Experienced the standard drug pushing and catcalling (to my wife, not me), but it wasn't bad. There are far worse places with regard to crime, that's for sure. It's nothing like St. Thomas, Jamaica or even parts of St. Martin/Marteen. The Belizeans are generally very nice and respectful. But of course, it's always advisable to be vigilant whenever youa re in a foreign place. The crime-against-tourist rates in St. Barth are, I'm sure, much lower, but only because the island relies almost entirely on the tourist dollar, so I am certain the punnishments are quite harsh. Belize has its own economic structures beyond tourism.

Others have visited more than I have, so I'll pass the mic to them.

#74223 09/30/03 08:05 PM
St. Barths and Belize? I don't think you could pick two more different places in the Caribbean Basin!

St. Barths is French-speaking, with a truly French je ne sais quoi, the most expensive island in the Caribbean. The emphasis is on fine cuisine, good wine, French culture, beautiful people, private villas and ultra expensive hotels, beaches and la vie en rose.

Belize is English (and Spanish) speaking, with a British heritage, friendly, laid-back, rainforests, ruins and rum.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.