Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#74345 10/03/03 01:38 PM
B
Buster Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello fellow divers

Being land locked in midwest My wife and I take a Spring vacation (Feb. March) to warm waters to Dive. Could some tell me how the Diving in Belize compairs to other dive distinations ?
That is Bonaire,Turks, Cayman, Cosmel, Dominica.

Thanks in advance
Buster

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'd do Bonaire anytime over AC diving, been said the atolls around BZ are good.

Turks, Cayman, to pricey... Grand Cayman is to American and touristy. Cayman Brac is good...

Cosmel/ Cozumel, to crowded, underwater is like a freeway, it's easy to surface with a wrong group if you stop and take pictures, several boats can be at the same dive site, the dive shop you dive with can make or destroy your dive experience.

Dominica, can't say, have not been there...

Idaho;

I have dived the Atolls of Belize many MANY times and they are, in my opinion, brilliant. I see that you ocassionally answer questions about diving Belize on this board but you have yet to dive the Atolls and Blue Hole? What do you think diving in Belize is all about? When someone asks a question about diving Belize, as "Buster" did, why not avoid commenting about diving in Belize....as you haven't actually done any (except, perhaps, for a few of the dive sites close to San Pedro Town). Once you've done the Blue Hole, Lighthouse Reef, Turneffe Atoll, Glover's Reef, the Barrier Reef south of Belize City and the Barrier Reef north of Palmero Point come back and give accurate information.

In the meantime, we get it already, you have formed your opinion on Belize diving and you don't like it. You base this on the fact you came for one week one May, the weather was bad, you dived off Ambergris (the kind of weather where you could have been on the Atolls in FLAT CALM leeward waters), you couldn't take pictures without hanging on to the coral and sponges (you say so in a previous post, what a reef-unfriendly photgrapher you must be) and you HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE about the REAL diving of Belize.

Come to think of it, why didn't you just say "Belize, can't say, have not been to any of the good diving there." In purely diving terms it would have been more accurate.

I will do my best to visit Bonaire in the near future. I will be sure to make every effort to dive the best dive sites, though, not just those closest to the good hotels.....

You tell 'im, Chris. smile

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

chris you are the man !!!!! you make a lot of sense !! you can talk the talk and you can walk the walk ..tell like it is .lets all live the dream and enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
Hey, Jeff, I hope I can get a berth on the boat this time....unfortunately I couldn't make it last time...too busy...but a 1/2 day on your good ship would be a welcome break this time.

Apart from beer, what should I bring? (I'd ask Pedro but he'd only go and say "caviar, Brie, pate and smoked salmon" and I've eaten so much of that in the past few months I've gone off it).

S
S
Well well, we don't want to sound spoiled do we?
Chris, If you have too much yummy food, you can always let me know. laugh laugh laugh

B
Buster Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Sorry I did not want to start something bad just wanted to know about Belize's diving compaired to other places. My wife and I Take our two week vacation in March Diving is the main goal,we do other activites not just dive.

Buster

HERE HERE Chris

he said it all

Gaz

But, Idaho answered his question.

Buster, you may want to re-ask the question in another thread. You didn't create any problems. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 320 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.