Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#74368 - 10/06/03 11:08 PM CAP'N RON'S PARADISE VILLAS & REEF ADVENTURES
ALBANYGIRL Offline
Anyone out there familiar w/this operation (Cap'n Ron's Paradise Villas & Reef Adventures? Is it reputable and legitimate? We got it off the www.ambergriscaye.com website under lodging. On this website, the lodging look's like those offered thru Nellie. The guy's name is Ron Herring. We're trying to confirm thru the Belize Tourism Assoc. We are new to Belize and are planning a 3 week stay in March 2004.

Appreciate any help

#74369 - 10/07/03 02:01 AM Re: CAP'N RON'S PARADISE VILLAS & REEF ADVENTURES
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
First, most anything you see advertised on the www.ambergriscaye.com Web site is legitimate. Marty does a great job.

Paradise Villas is the name of a nice little condo development at the north end of town. Several different companies and people own condos there and market them to visitors -- Tradewinds, Nellie's and others. Prices vary a little as do the decor and furnishings of each condo. I don't think I know which ones belong to "Captain Ron" -- maybe somebody else does.

--Lan Sluder

#74370 - 10/07/03 02:20 AM Re: CAP'N RON'S PARADISE VILLAS & REEF ADVENTURES
Pedro1 Offline
Never heard of him

#74371 - 10/07/03 02:34 AM Re: CAP'N RON'S PARADISE VILLAS & REEF ADVENTURES
Barbara K Offline
ditto

#74372 - 10/07/03 02:55 AM Re: CAP'N RON'S PARADISE VILLAS & REEF ADVENTURES
seashell Offline
It's legit. The only thing I might caution you about is that Ron advertises that his units are oceanside, or something like that.

Like the others, I'm not sure which units are his but if I recall correctly, someone once mentioned that the units are over by the road and not actually oceanside. I'd confirm that first before booking, if I were you. By the way, I like Paradise Villas location and grounds. It doesn't have much of a beachfront, if you are into that kind of lazing about, but then lots of places in SP are like that.

Hey, Scubaldy, you know this guy don't you?

#74373 - 10/07/03 02:58 AM Re: CAP'N RON'S PARADISE VILLAS & REEF ADVENTURES
denverdan Offline
hummm, so did he buy Susan's units?

#74374 - 10/07/03 03:09 AM Re: CAP'N RON'S PARADISE VILLAS & REEF ADVENTURES
seashell Offline
I don't think so. He's had his units for awhile. In any event, anyone booking at the Paradise Villas, whether with Ron's, Susangg, Tradewinds or Nellie, should ask just where their unit will actually be located if they care about that sort of thing.

Has Susan actually sold hers?

#74375 - 10/07/03 03:29 AM Re: CAP'N RON'S PARADISE VILLAS & REEF ADVENTURES
RobertE Offline
Albany Girl - Which Albany do you hail from? The one up North or the one down South? I'm from the southern one.

Paradise Villas are a good location and good size units with a nice pool. Each unit varies based on the owners

#74376 - 10/08/03 01:40 AM Re: CAP'N RON'S PARADISE VILLAS & REEF ADVENTURES
Bubbles Offline
This IS Cap'n Ron. And yes, it's legitimate, and I've owned BEACHFRONT units only for over five years. I visit this board often, and I know everyone tries to be very helpful. Unfortunately, some people post info that they haven't verified - I hope everyone will be cautious of this.

We also offer diving, snorkeling, fishing, jungle tours, etc. through our dive shop, Reef Adventures. Ched Cabral runs Reef Adventures, and he has been providing excellent service to visitors to San Pedro for over 6 years.

If anyone wants references, I am happy to send email address from numerous 2003 guests. We are committed to excellent experiences for our guests with our friends in Belize, and with the reef.

"Enjoy the reef; protect its ecosystem."

Cap'n Ron

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,024 Topics
462,217 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.