Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#74504 - 10/06/03 05:07 PM I'd like to introduce myself
egcntrk Offline
Husband & I are late 40's with 3 grown children & 2 grandsons. We are planning a vacation to Ambergris Caye for May '04. I have found your wonderful board & would be grateful to all the help I can get to make it a trip to paradise. This will be a well deserved trip for both of us.

We are interested in lots of R&R, snorkeling & good food. Have done extensive reading on this website & all the info is excellent. Now I have a few questions...with more to come, I'm sure. LOL

Does anyone have info on Brianna's Beach House through Caye Management? Such as is it really on the beach & just a few minutes into town. How is the snorkeling from that area?

Anyone used Lagniappe Provisioning & is it worth my time? Better just to find groceries after arrival?

Thank you & I look forward to getting to "know" all of you. E.

#74505 - 10/06/03 05:30 PM Re: I'd like to introduce myself
RobertE Offline
It is on the beach, close to town is kind of an oxymoron on such a small island. It is in a residental area but on the edge of the business area. Three to five minute walk to everything and two grocery stores, small tiendas ( belizean conveinence stores) a good bakery and restaurants. Snorkeling is okay in the area by docks, watch for boat traffic.

For good snorkeling, get a guide or go on one the snorkeling tours.

#74506 - 10/06/03 05:34 PM Re: I'd like to introduce myself
dbdoberman Offline
Howdy and welcome, E. I wondered about Brianna's myself, some time back, so did a search and came up with quite a few posts, all of them positive.

#74507 - 10/06/03 05:54 PM Re: I'd like to introduce myself
egcntrk Offline
Thanks for the responses. Definately plan on getting a guide/tour for snorkeling but would be nice to do litle short trips from shore. Who to use as a guide would be helpful.

Any other recommendations on where to stay? Do not want to be North of the cut.

Prefer to walk about & just drink in the ambiance.

#74508 - 10/06/03 06:50 PM Re: I'd like to introduce myself
Chloe Offline
Brianna's House is darling, right on the beach, easy walk to everything. I have not stayed there, but would.

Only seen one person complaining, something about BBQ grill broken, etc.

Rent a golf cart, and go around and do your sightseeing, and stop at Island market, beverage distribution center and bakery for all your needs, it will be fun shopping in San Pedro.

Snorkel under piers, but do hire a Guide for Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley, and other good snorkeling areas. Plenty of licensed Guides to choose from. Belize IT.

#74509 - 10/06/03 06:51 PM Re: I'd like to introduce myself
Bobber Offline
This is a great place for R&R, the pace is easy without being lazy. The food is very good and the people are friendly. I have been past Briannas a few times and it seems charming and is right on the beach as the pictures show. We normally have stayed at Paradise Villas, a minute or so south of there, and our shore based snorkeling around the piers has been interesting. Anything from rays to nurse sharks and even a turtle or two. No great schools of anything big, but definitely interesting variety. Watching out for boats is always a good idea, but don't get the idea you have to dodge them constantly, traffic on most of the smaller piers is light. Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan are a must. Mexico Rocks makes a pretty snorkel.
If you like to just walk around, the place is full of ambiance and detail and interesting things around just about every corner. Talk to the people (most of them like to chat) and eat some things you normally don't eat. This is a place to not only relax, but to feel relaxed.

#74510 - 10/06/03 08:59 PM Re: I'd like to introduce myself
wart Offline
Try Hustlers Tours for the snorkeling. Ask for Guillermo. Went with him on my first trip two weeks ago. Watched me like a hawk and was great. Made Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley a lifelong memory.

#74511 - 10/07/03 05:36 AM Re: I'd like to introduce myself
sweets Offline
Brianna's Beach House is a great spot, I know the owner and I know if there is ever a problem she lives there full time and would always help out the guests. Its a great location and close to everything. For guides, there is Jeffery with SEArious and the "Rubio Brothers" with Unity Tours..... just my opinion!! smile

#74512 - 10/07/03 06:43 AM Re: I'd like to introduce myself
Laguna Punta Offline
I spent sometime at the place before it was "commercial". A nice little place. Swimming very good off the dock at Pataho's (ms), next door, and very good snorkeling off the dock of Hustler's, about a block away. Shopping around town very enjoyable. Many people coreograph their vacations. I suggest to make a list to keep in mind, but allow your vacation to unfold as weather and the "fun" God's dictate.

#74513 - 10/08/03 04:14 AM Re: I'd like to introduce myself
Bubbles Offline
If you are still considering options, there is space at BEACHFRONT units at Paradise Villas, along with a beautiful swimming pool... Happy to provide more info if you like at reefman@pcez.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,191 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.