Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#74532 - 10/07/03 01:34 AM Is January barter month?
WillieT Offline
My wife and I and about 8 other people will be showing up at Banana Beach on Jan 3 for a week. I will be fishing every day except one for at least 1/2 day. Mostly full days. I am a bartering kind of fool and want to see if anyone does in kind. What kind of supplies can I bring to trade for trips, tips and ???? other goodies while enjoying this paradise? Especially you fishing guys, can we work out a deal for a suitcase full of lures, etc? There's a Bass Pro shop just down the road in Nashville from me. Please let me know. Also, Kentucky has some awful good bourbon. How much booze can I bring in per person?

#74533 - 10/07/03 01:57 AM Re: Is January barter month?
Laguna Punta Offline
San Pedro is not much on bartering. Customs agents will be suspicious to find anything beyond what your trip will require and could start your vacation badly.
Gone fishing!!

#74534 - 10/07/03 06:59 AM Re: Is January barter month?
Denny Shane Offline
I agree with Bill's answer. You run the very real risk of having your suitcases, etc., searched as you go through customs once arriving.

The fishing guides have pretty much everything they need and I don't know of a single guide that barters... cash is the only mode of payment that I know of on the island.

However, if you insist on going with the supplies you mentioned, be prepared to have it all confiscated at the airport.

#74535 - 10/07/03 09:16 AM Re: Is January barter month?
captjeff Offline
willie t I fish here once a month ,and I can tell ya no guides will barter ,like that maybe for a 25 in color tv ????only kidding the reason the prices are a steal !!!!go to my buddys site fishingsanpedro.com and look at the rates ...they start at us $170 how can you beat that.. I used to fish in the keys it cost twice as much some places ,three times as much .belize is very cheap and the people who fish here are super nice ...hope that helps??? check out my fishing post I do a report once a month .live the dream enjoy
Living The Dream Every Day!

#74536 - 10/07/03 06:08 PM Re: Is January barter month?
WillieT Offline
Okay, Nuff said. I guess that's out, but if I didn't ask I wouldn't know. You're right about the prices, I was amazed and that's why I went from 2 days of fishing to almost every day.
Thanks, y'all

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (WWIII, Pokey, 3 invisible), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,684 Topics
461,182 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.