Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#74703 - 10/14/03 09:53 PM Barge in front of CBV?
Coco Loco Lady Offline
Did I read about a barge being in front of CBV? What's this all about? I have reservations there and knew nothing about this. What is this barge/how long has it been there/how close to the shore is it? Don't want my view spoiled. Any info on this would be very much helpful.
Thanks
Coco Loco Lady confused

#74704 - 10/14/03 10:28 PM Re: Barge in front of CBV?
CHOOCHOO Offline
Not to worry. It's a hundred yards or more to the north and shielded by palm trees.

The latest word is that after 5+ years it will truly be moved to the new marina on the back side of the caye. This process has been going on for a long, long, time even by San Pedro standards and inspite of serious questions about the legality of its use. Latest word (yesterday) is that it will finally be moved, perhaps as soon as next month. The marina has apparently been completed, but there was a "missing" $50,000 in funds to improve the road surface to the new location. That appears to have also been resolved. According to newspaper accounts the new marina was to be dedicated on October 1. Yep, it's October 14th, but that's the way it goes on AC.

In any case, there's a little Achilles heel with every property on AC. The barge certainly has not dimished the popularity of Coconuts, which is about as close as you can get to it, or the newest development of condos that sit right in front of the ramp.

CC

#74705 - 10/14/03 11:57 PM Re: Barge in front of CBV?
Capt. Les Offline
Choochoo is absolutely right. Perla Escondida (a large condiminium complex with a swimming pool) is between Coconuts and the barge.

#74706 - 10/15/03 12:37 AM Re: Barge in front of CBV?
Badco Offline
Capt. Les, is Perla Escondida completed? And if so, are they all sold? I'm new to this board, hello.

#74707 - 10/15/03 01:13 AM Re: Barge in front of CBV?
TxPMR Offline
I stayed at Coral Bay Villas this past July, and I was a little bit suprised by the barge myself. It was truly the only downside I saw to the property. To be honest, it feels quite close and can get loud at times, but it's not the end of the world when you're in such a beautiful place. We just made a joke of it and concentrated on the good stuff. I am glad to hear it will (hopefully) be moved because I would hate for it to keep CBV from getting business.

#74708 - 10/15/03 12:25 PM Re: Barge in front of CBV?
ga peach Offline
I think the barge is a very important part of the uniqueness of San Pedro.

#74709 - 10/15/03 08:52 PM Re: Barge in front of CBV?
Anonymous
I AGREE........ LEAVE S.P. ALONE ... BETTER STILL TEK SOM BAKWARD STEPPS PLEASE..!!!!

#74710 - 10/15/03 08:55 PM Re: Barge in front of CBV?
Barbara K Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by MOOSE:
I AGREE........ LEAVE S.P. ALONE ... BETTER STILL TEK SOM BAKWARD STEPPS PLEASE..!!!!
Amen to that!

#74711 - 10/15/03 11:30 PM Re: Barge in front of CBV?
chismera Offline
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#74712 - 10/16/03 12:59 AM Re: Barge in front of CBV?
vistadelmar Offline
DAT 'OL BAGE BEN DER BOUT 12 YERS 'O MO BY MY COUNT. AIN'T RUINT NUTIN YET. POBLY GWANNA MIS IT WEN IT GON TO BAK!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,353 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.