Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
They are STILL selling the vacations. I do not believe they have stopped at all! Maybe he just said they were stopping to appease me! SOOOOOO glad I did not stay there!!!

P
P
Well the Riverfloat scammers have contacted me again. After I realized that the "deal" they offered me to make good on the "bad" trip they sold me was never going to be realized, I notified a few people who had won the auction recently. Well Riverfloat then threatened with kicking me off EBAY for contacting their winners and speading my "insignificant" claims. How many people think being raped in the villa of the property manager, (they did nothing to report it and then covered it up) by a undocumented employee, and having stuff stolen from your room is insignificant???
You make the call.

pwmcon...read your unfortunate review...can't seem to locate your e-mail...would be interested in what information you have, since Costa Maya will not address concerns on this forum.. we are booked to stay there in near future and would like to ask you a few questions..thanks

Having just returned from a week at the Costa Maya Reef Resort, I wanted to let people know that there is no need to freak out in advance. The resort is beautiful, and my husband and I would have stayed another week if we could have. After reading the posts on this board just four days before I left, I have to say that I was terrified. In fact, I was ready to reserve another hotel just in case. Please do not stress yourself out the way I did. It is just not necessary.

As I mentioned the site is beautifully landscaped (I can share some nice photos -- some are better than the ones on resort's website!) Plus the staff is working hard to make sure that you have a good time. To be honest, I was expecting to be hit up to sit through a timeshare presentation, but never got asked. Usually, you have to go through one to get discounts on the excursions. The Costa Maya excursion prices were the same prices that people got if they went to San Pedro and inquired with various vendors.

Regarding food ... the resort restaurant was much better than I expected -- we had several lunches and dinner there, though I think three meals are served daily. A nice variety of dishes were offered, reasonably priced, and not at all dependent on what the chef caught that morning!

The day we arrived, we were picked up by taxi at the airport, and driven to Fido's Dock to catch the boat to the resort. The driver asked us if we wanted to visit the supermarket since they said up front that there was no convenience store. We did go there and bought food for the week. I was suprised that the fridge was tiny and that there was no stove/oven (we did have an excellent electric grill), and the kitchen provided anything else we needed that the villa kitchen did not have. Again the staff was great -- they even helped us set up a great beach barbeque.

My husband spoke with someone who was working at Costa Maya when the alleged rape occurred, and to be honest we should not listen to rumors. Yes, somebody was arrested but the details are very different from what you might conclude after reading the earlier postings. We found the resort to be very safe (I saw nobody doing drugs, and nothing disappeared from my room, even on the day when I stupidly left my digital camera sitting out on the dining table.) In fact, the security was similar to what I've seen at other timeshares.

One other positive note ... the dive shop really was top notch. My husband did seven dives and I even tried the resort course. I was a scaredycat, but Craig (the instructor) calmed me down, and I really enjoyed the experience. My husband said that Belize Academy of Diving was amongst the best of the dive operations he's experienced in 10 years of diving, plus the prices were same or cheaper than everyone else on Ambergris Caye.

On the negative side, getting to town was expensive but that is the situation since gas is so expensive. The Island Ferry has more regular service than the resort, but the resort boat is half the price (Ferry was US$10 each way, water taxi even more, but the resort boat was US$5 or $4 if you purchased a book of 10) I didn't like having to pay at all, but I do understand why it is necessary.

Okay, I've made this incredibly long, but I just wanted to calm down anybody who was stressing out about their upcoming visit to Costa Maya. Does the place need a few improvements? Absolutely, and I think that they will happen, it's just that they will happen on Caribbean time. If you are looking for a nice place to go and just chill out, this is the spot. However, if you want a resort filled with hundreds of people, and activities set up for every hour of the day, pick another place to go. Go to Belize and enjoy Costa Maya or whatever resort you pick -- just relax and have fun!

you are a lifesaver!!! I feel much better aready. Did you stay in a one bedroom or a 2 bedroom, i thought the 2 bedroom had stoves?
Were the kitchen well stocked (pots, pans, silverware, plates, glasses???) or should I take my fine china (paper)
I am looking forward to our trip in April and Eric at the resort has answered many questions. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time.
I would love to see your pictures..

Ms. Beck....thanks so much for taking the time to share your first hand account of your stay at Costa Maya. I, too, was growing concerned and although I speculated it to be due to rumor, I was concerned when there were so many accounts of negativity documented on this forum in regards to this resort when everything else seems to be way positive towards everything else!!! I don't think people are giving Costa Maya the fair shake that it truly deserves...perhaps a camera got stolen but I'm sure this isn't the only place that such a thing has happened on AC. I'm actually sorry that I got sucked in by all this negativity. Thanks to you the excitement of getting there has been reinstated(I too was getting ready to make back up plans...sorry Costa Maya) Anyway....I'm counting the days until our arrival and not to rub it in but we're fortunate enough to be staying 2 weeks so that we'll have enough time to experience the awe and wonder that this beautiful place is sure to offer!!!!! I too would love to see your pictures...send them to BNbelize soon & perhaps she'll forward them to me...thanks again

J
J
Unreported rape, stolen camera from the room, no security, drugs on the premises and almost no defense from Costa Maya!!!! rationality tells me to stay away... I would hate to be a victim of forces beyond my control.

Hopefully John, you'll still go to Belize and AC, and if you decide stay at Costa Maya, you'll probably have a great time. I'm not suprised that the resort is not responding on the message board ... they probably want people to check the place out and see how nice it is. As I said before, there was security staff, I saw no drug activity, and felt the resort and my own room to be secure. I wish I could go back since it is freezing where I live.

J
J
Ms Beck,

Yes, I plan to go back to Belize and I know I will enjoy my stay there. I enjoy the rustic surroundings and the seclusion of peaceful nature to challenge my physical and mental limits.

I do, however, disagree with you regarding the reason why Costa Maya is not responding. When I first read the accusations, I was surprised that the author was so blatant about his dislike for this resort. Briefly, I accused him of being a rival who was just trying discredit the competition. However since he supported his argument with conclusive evidence, I have changed my opinion and do believe that those allegations do merit a second look. My interest in this resort was to buy a timeshare unit and was planning on visiting with them during my next trip. I have, since, changed my mind and will look elsewhere

John...I too believe that it would be in Costa Maya's best interest to respond and even went so far as to ask for one in one of my postings. It was not to start any problems but truly giving them a chance to redeem themselves since people like pwmcon and others are a possible threat to future visits to their resort. However, Ms. Beck has done a great service to us boarders as well as Costa Maya. Yes, we are all entitled to make our own decisions , that's the American way and from what I hear the Belizean way too!!! No worries, and have a great time in AC.

Costa Maya--you're on...and I believe a response would only be in your best interest at this point in time. Boarders deserve to have this situation closed once and for all.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.