Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#74919 10/18/03 09:05 PM
S
OP Offline
S
still figuring out how this message board works, I would've asked my questions in my first post...so here goes.

1. Where is the best place to get booze for your room?

2. What are some things I should not forget to bring from home for my trip.

3. Do you have like swap meets there or places like that in san pedro?

4. Where do you shop for clothes there?

This is my first time out of the states, as you maybe can tell...lol. My brother is getting married there the week of Nov3. We are staying at the Sundivers Beach ....would like to hear peoples opinions on this spot, and what is near, there, as far as places to eat and hang out.

thanks

Ann

Ann Mcmillian
#74920 10/18/03 09:52 PM
Supersweet, this is my humble opinion, but bring your favorite liquor with you. The local rum on the island is real good, however if you like something other than beer and rum, bring it in your bag. The local beer Belikin is a clean, good beer. Take some home in your bag, you'll be glad you did. Sundiver is a nice place, you'll have a good time. No flea mkts that I know of, at least not in town, and you can buy t-shirts, ect. in many shops along the three main streets and for me I have enjoyed and used my hand carved bowl I bought from a local rasta in Esmeralda park. Have a great first trip, probably won't be your last.

#74921 10/19/03 09:19 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you Badco!! The advice is well taken..

am getting excited...first time ...and definately will not be the last...have to take the rugrats next time, they are crying about how unfair it is now....

this time is for us to check the spot out, and to enjoy the experience....next time..they can come terrorize...the place...lol.

Thanks again.

Ann Mcmillian
#74922 10/22/03 12:52 PM
Hi supersweet,
I know, sometimes the boardes (me too) try to make fun but there are alsolutly serios borders out there.(not me)LOL
You are first timer, great, the slogan, you get what you pay for, don`t count for San Pedro.
You always get more then you pay. All native and
even the "visitor" are different in SP. Lean back society lots of fun, clear kristal water, no beaches like FL or Golfcost, I hope SP never will be like Vegas.
The natural of SP is charming, even the dust on the road is SP a shower and he is gone for a while.
Go to BC, a bar at the beach and start a conversation, everyone will help you out with good advices.
I`m from Germany, (watch my dialect) stay in SP
3 times for 3 month, then I had so much fun and broke boot of my feet, (table dancing, no joke)
at this time I was 58 years. LOL
For a women by herself-----there is no safer place than SP----in the whole Carribien.
Visit once Ambergris Caye, you will never forget and always if you can, return. With kids, great!!
There is nothing you will mis, almost everything you can bay, and what you can`t bay,you don`t need.
Wish you great days, share your expiriens with us if you come back.
Take care
Bernd smile smile cool cool

#74923 10/22/03 02:46 PM
bernd....couldn't have said it any better myself!!!kerry

#74924 10/25/03 06:12 PM
S
OP Offline
S
thanks bernd, I'am excited the one week count down begins, I'am anxiously awaiting passport, with bated breath, my brother is getting married there, to the sweetest woman ever, so it will be a special time, I'am so looking foreward to it, it sounds like my kind of place.
Thanks for taking the time to "take the time" and respond to my post!!

Ann Mcmillian
#74925 10/25/03 10:33 PM
Sundiver is a great place for a wedding. You will all be family by the end of your stay!

You can get some awesome custom made clothes at Isla Bonita on front street. Lots of good tropical clothes available at the shops in town. Sundiver has a good gift shop as well - got an awesome sarong a while back.

Bring what you will need. You can get alomst everything on SP but you will pay 3x the price for it. Bring large bug spray, etc and plan to leave it.

No swap meets that I know of but you do see an occasional yard sale!

#74926 10/28/03 03:07 PM
B
B
We like to drink Tanguray gin and tonic. Should we pick some up at the airport in the duty free shop vs buying it at the store?

In St. Martin the tonic is as expensive as the liquer, is it the same in San Pedro?

Thanks,
Dena

P.S. I know we'll also partake plenty in the Belikan and local rum! laugh

#74927 11/03/03 07:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Some people consider Belikin beer good. The cheapest way by far to buy it is by the case (24 bottles) from the brewery outlet by the burned out supermarket just south of Ramon's Village. Only any good if you want to drink at home and have a fridge.

#74928 11/04/03 09:17 AM
G
G
They wouldn't let me buy liquor in the duty free shop to take to AC. You can only buy it when you are leaving the country.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 207 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.