Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Lisa D Offline OP
OP Offline
L
We have some friends coming to visit while we are there and they are looking at Caribe Island to stay. They have 2 small children and 2 teens that will be coming. If anyone has stayed here, please let me know what you think. Thanks Lisa

B
B
Just stayed thier for the third time last month. In my opion it is one of the nicest resorts on the island. The one downside is that is about 3 miles from town. There is a free shuttle (taxi) that will bring you down town around dinner time (6pm) and bring you back. Manuel the taxi driver is awesome. He is always willing to work with you. The staff is GREAT and the grounds are always kept in tip top shape. They have a water trampoline at the end of the dock that is a lot of fun also. I am already looking foward to returning to CIR next year.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Bonjoe,
Thanks for the kind words! We have just purchased a gas golf cart and trolly for the Resort that will be running shuttles into town all day, as well airport runs.
Lots of happenings and changes, so it'll be a different Caribe Island on your next trip! We have also just ordered new bikes (adult and children's sizes), new kayaks are on the way, water bicycles, and a new paddleboat!! We have also expanded our DVD collection and book library! And we'll have the new restaurant up and running by the end of December!!! Exciting stuff.
Look forward to seeing you again!!
Cheerz!

I have stayed there with my family the last couple of years and I promise you will not be disappointed. It is fabulous and my kids love it more than us. The beach and pool there are second to none on Ambergris.

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
Ditto!! The attention to detail is phenominal. The rooms are exquisite, the pool is awesome, (they even have pool toys for the kiddies) the bar is top notch, they have a dive boat now, and it just keeps getting better and better. It would be my first choice. They can arrange for a baby sitter, the food is good, the view is fabulous, I can't say enough about it. It's the PERFECT place for kids. Don't worry about it being far from town. If they're getting a shuttle, it will be a piece of cake. Golf cart rental is always available as well. (They will even arrange that)If they don't have what you need, they'll get it. You can even make arrangements for drinks and provisions in your room for your arrival. By all means, make that reservation immediately!!!! laugh
Debbie

L
Lisa D Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks everyone! Sounds like a great choice for my friends. Will let them know it gets a thumbs-up from the board.

Vicky -

Just curious - are you getting "real" kayaks or those foo-foo sit on tops?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman....my man. I have been kayaking over 10 years and even owned a shop in St.Augustine and those foo-foo sit-on-tops are the ONLY ones to use in the Atlantic or Caribbean unless you want to drown your guests. They are fantastic and just about anyone can hop on one and have a great time.

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
hey bigZeke - no sweat...I was just asking laugh

I too have been kayaking for years. It's just my personal preference for the real deal with ocean kayaks(and I live on the Atlantic)

Agree that the sit-on-tops are best for the novices/beginners. Just have not seen an ocean kayak on AC, that's all.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Hey Zeke,

Check the time stamp on your post. What the hell have you got going there? You aren't even up then.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.