Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#75020 - 10/21/03 04:25 PM where to stay
kmheath Offline
We are planning a trip to Belize in april 2004. Family of four...2 adults, two teens (15 and 17). Want beach front cabana type accomodations. Five star quality. Any ideas? Thanks,

#75021 - 10/21/03 04:30 PM Re: where to stay
I have 3 teens and we always stay at Caribe Island. It is as 5 star as you are going to get unless you want to stay at the Victoria House. Beachfront condos at Caribe are top shelf though and you have my word on that. Don't forget to eat at Casa Picasso when you visit. You won't be sorry!
Reality is due to lack of alcohol

#75022 - 10/21/03 04:31 PM Re: where to stay
pfarrell Offline
There are no 5 star accomidations in San Pedro.

That said, you might want to try Victoria House. It's about as upscale as you get on the island. I've vacationed there and thought it was great.

Seriously though, get those 5 star visions out of your head. One of the wonders of taking your vacation on this island is the downscale nature of the place.

#75023 - 10/21/03 04:45 PM Re: where to stay
Barbara K Offline
The only 2 bedroom cabana type accommodations would be at Ramon's or Mata Chica. Both are pretty upscale (for Belize!) Other than that you would all be in one cabana with 2 double beds or in 2 separate cabanas, possibly with adjoining porch. Cap't Morgan's has 2 bedroom "cabana looking" villas. Turtle Inn in Placencia also has 2 bedroom beachfront cabanas that are about as 5 star as it gets.

#75024 - 10/21/03 08:00 PM Re: where to stay
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Cayo Espanto on the back side of Ambergris is certainly five-star (at seven-star prices). But villas not thatch cabanas.

The closest upscale cabanas for a family of four on Ambergris would be the two-bedroom villas at Mata Chica or the "owners' villas" at Victoria House.

I agree with Barbara that the two-bedroom seafront villas at Turtle Inn in Placencia are extraordinarily nice (with not two but three baths), and Mr. Copolla's villa when available has its own pool and sauna baths.

The deluxe condo suites at Robert's Grove are also as nice as any five-star hotel I've seen (though this being Belize service may not be what you'd get in a five-star hotel). Also, the suites at Hamanasi are also great (built by the same builder who did Robert's Grove).

And not on the beach, but the two-bedroom villas at Blancaneaux are as stunning as anything I've seen.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#75025 - 10/23/03 07:15 PM Re: where to stay
DallasDiver Offline
Sunbreeze Hotel, across from the air strip, has renovated some of their rooms. They are definately 5 star. And right on the beach.

#75026 - 10/23/03 07:20 PM Re: where to stay
silkpainter Offline
Was that a joke Dallas? While the Sunbreeze is nice and affordable, its not 5 star. Its about 3 star, which is still pretty nice.
-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

#75027 - 10/23/03 07:37 PM Re: where to stay
Ernie B Offline
IMHO, You can not go wrong with Banana Beach. Great rooms, great service, on the beach, great rest,..... What else could you ask for ? Check it out.

PS. I have no vested interest in Banana Beach.
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Marty, 4 invisible), 87 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,737 Topics
461,308 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.