Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#75926 - 11/08/03 07:27 PM Free music school of Belize
kippe Offline
As of September we have a free music school in San Pedro. Currently classes are held every Saturday morning and 35 "kids" of all ages are enrolled. We are in dire need of everything! For more info and ways to help email freemusicschoolbelize@hotmail.com. I know that some schools can have learning material sent with the freight charges donated and no duty apply. Am in the process of finding out if this applies to this kind of project as well.Please help keep music alive and well in Belize!

#75927 - 11/08/03 07:37 PM Re: Free music school of Belize
klcman Offline
I have a coronet (like a trumpet to you unfamilair with the difference :-) ) that has been sitting in a closet for years.

I would love someone there to put it to use, if there is a need. Anyone from the Northeast going soon? I probably will not before late February or early March. frown

#75928 - 11/09/03 04:13 PM Re: Free music school of Belize
captjeff Offline
the capt jeff goes down each month for rest and fishing , going down the 17 of nov the 16 of dec ,etc,etc,etc, anything for the good of the island I will surport 200% let me know what"S needed ???? I am yours .....

#75929 - 11/11/03 01:45 AM Re: Free music school of Belize
kippe Offline
Thanks Capt! Just talked to Mr Frank at St. Peter's Academy and they have 20 kids that want to join the free music school. Their goal is to create a recorder orchestra! Who doesn't have a recorder in a corner somewhere? Feel free to e-mail me at krissan8@hotmail.com.

#75930 - 11/11/03 01:51 AM Re: Free music school of Belize
Debbie Offline
Do you have a wish list? If you could be specific, I'm sure the items would magically appear...... A lot of people on this board are very generous, and if any are like me, they support the arts......
What's needed? Instruments? paper? CD's of classic music? tape recorders? boom boxes? sheet music? Textbooks? Let us know....

#75931 - 11/13/03 05:32 AM Re: Free music school of Belize
kippe Offline
Debbie, I will talk to Dr. Jackson and get a better handle on what is the most important items right now, hard since we need pretty much everything, instruments, sheet music, you name it. I am fairly new on the board of directors and am still "getting my feet wet". If you want to contact Dr. Jackson directly you can e-mail him at: fitnessfloyd@hotmail.com.

#75932 - 11/18/03 07:34 PM Re: Free music school of Belize
Ms Irish Offline
I tried e-mailing Dr Jackson (at fitnessfloyd@hotmail.com) but for some reason the e-mail keeps coming back to me. So I figure I will post my question here. My friend and I will be in AC in 58 days (not that we are counting)and she has a flute she would like to donate. Where should we bring it? Should we mail it ahead of time? Do they have resources to recondition the instrument there or should we try to get it reconditioned before we arrive? It is in good condition, it just hasn't been used for a very long time.

Thanks for you help!

#75933 - 11/18/03 11:52 PM Re: Free music school of Belize
GINGERSNAP Offline
Hi - Will be in A/C Thanksgiving day.
Whatever we can get our hands on we will bring down.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 39 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,231 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.