Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Hello,

We received an unbelievable offer to stay at Costa Maya... it sounds too good to be true. It does involve a timeshare presentation which I know is their incentive to offer us such low rates. However, their website offers no real information about the accomodations, the a�ly�ties, or it's location. Can you help?

What was the deal? How do you get it?

Geaux Tigers!!!
S
OP Offline
S
It's their grand opening special at $59. per night but you must agree to attend a 2 hour presentation about their timeshare program.

Some timeshare organizations are very high pressure and if that is the case, I'm thinking it could ruin someone's vacation if they were constantly working to sell you.

My hesitation is also that the website has very little information to help you decide if you would like to stay there at any price!

C
C
My apologies on the website. We are currently in the process of completing it.

Costa Maya is 6 1/2 miles north of San Pedro. The resort is accessible via water taxi, golf cart, bicycle and the Costa Maya boats.

Costa Maya offers a restaurant and lounge (pool table, dart board, various games, TV), beach bar, fresh water swimming pool, courtesy bar on the end of the pier, horseshoes, volleyball, kayaks and snorkel gear and the Belize Academy of Diving.

Wherever you choose to stay, I trust you will have a wonderful vacation on Ambergris Caye.

Chris

Cool runnins mon.........

Chris Burkey
Costa Maya Reef Resort

"Where tranquility meets adventure"
Chris - if it's going to be a while for your website, don't you think it would make since to post what your guests could expect here?

Geaux Tigers!!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Is the Costa Maya the old Avalon Reef? How far away is the Costa Maya from the Mata Chica?

Geaux Tigers!!!
S
S
I have a time share with Rancho Bandaras in Puerto Vallerta, their sister resort, and i can say it is a excellent place, well run, clean, staff great, they where very low key when presenting the sales pitch, Rancho almost sells itself. They over sell, making time hard to get in the best periods, my only complaint. I don't know about Costa Maya's pitch, but I am coming down if Feb. for a week, a trade of time. About 25 or so messages down there are about 50 responses about Costa Maya. I would like to thank all the people on this Message Board, very good information for a 1st time visitor. Thanks again cool

R
R
We stopped at Costa Maya for our beach barbeque on Sun.16 Nov. and the place looked really nice. It's just off Mexico Rocks and has some beautiful water off the end of the pier for snorkling/swimming (better than where we were staying closer to town). The shore was nice too, a seawall with cascading spiral steps built in under umbrellas. The bar, gameroom, reception and dining area were all joined together and made for a large roomy area to roam around and enjoy the decor. I loved the bar, the pooltable seemed ok, I would bring new darts for the dart board. The grounds between the beach and the rooms are really nice with a lot of trees, flowers, shrubs and water fountain things. It is a long way from town and I would definitely have it stocked before getting there. Where we stayed was only 3-4 miles from town and I wish we had stocked it before arriving.

Went by the Costa Maya on a trip last week for a bbq and spoke to some people staying there. They said the place was very nice, and that the folks at the Costa Maya are still basically trying to sell timeshares there, but will accomodate the single night traveler for about $60US until they get it filled out (and will probably be years away) Longer stays and better prices can probably be negotiated. The only complaints they had were that the staff basically vacated at 6pm, and that you had better really like being isolated because the water taxi ($10US per person each way) stopped running at 10pm weekdays, and midnight on weekends and it only ran every two hours so timing was critical. You cold also get a private hire for $30US each way. Unless I was on a honeymoon and didn't care to see anybody but my significant other I would probably stay south of the cut where you can move about at will at anytime.

Geaux Tigers!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.