Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#76286 12/01/03 12:55 PM
right?????? but if someone asks for a recommendation ,I will do that that and since I have no money intrest in the business .. but there are other great guides in san pedro and other board members should give there opinions who they like and let the person asking ,pick who they would to use , this is fare play for all ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#76287 12/01/03 01:27 PM
I would say that setting up a free web site is a little bit more than a recommendation.
There are a finite number of "fishing dollars" to go around in San Pedro. My point is simply that just because your acts of generosity make you feel good, there is a negative impact on those who do not benefit. Something you should consider.
These guides families may be just as needy and just as deserving as those you choose to support.

#76288 12/01/03 01:38 PM
B
B
Back to the topic......If I booked him and caught a few lobsters, does he offer to cook them up????
We have a group of 12 heading down in February and a lobster party sounds like fun!!!!!!

#76289 12/01/03 02:00 PM
thanks for comments ,so noted .but my recommending a person to a good thing and who is good capt ,does not impact all the fishing guides .tincup youare making a big deal over nothing ..maybe you are telling me you may have more than a opinion on this matter ,if you like a special person recommend that person ..if some one asks ..do not blame me for the weather and if you want to be nice to that special person or intrests build them a web site or what have you ..lets get over this and go on to good things you made your point and I do not have to agree with ,you but your point is made ....

#76290 12/01/03 02:06 PM
brad yes he is a great chef as well as guide and there are many good fishing guides ,pick one and you will have a great time on the water .. ask for the full day with lobster bbq ,fishing and snorkel,you will have a great day but back to the topic ,read all above and plan what you want to do and call bicho .and you will enjoy

#76291 12/01/03 02:43 PM
I discovered that walking out onto the fuel pier by Amigos del Mar's operation and waving a fist full of US $100 bills will get you plenty of action, including fishing guides.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
#76292 12/01/03 02:44 PM
B
B
We would like to catch some lobsters and have them cooked for us. We will be diving in the AM and then have the afternoon free. We do not plan on fishing, so we do not need a full day charter. Ideally, we would like to take a boat out, catch some lobsters and then have someone cook us up a early dinner. Not anything fancy, just a beach BBQ, with a few beers........

PS. As a first time visitor (Feb-2004), I think captain jeff has had some great suggestions and has been very helpful to me while planning my trip. Please, do not respond to this PS comment, just to the lobster question.......

#76293 12/01/03 03:02 PM
Tin cup-a lot of the guides work for the hotels and it is very much a closed shop(why I do not know),and other fishing guides are like Bicho-having lived here for a while I have found him to be pretty much at the top of the tree, when it comes to catching fish.He gets bored within 10/15 minutes if a fish has not been caught,of a decent size,and it is off elsewhere-the majority of guides that I have been out with complain about the price of fuel and do not want to move-this obviously does not cover all the unattached guides but like Jeff I have recommended Bicho to many people and the results are plain to see-everyone comes back ecstatic,and subsequently some go on the board to say how good he is and what great value for money he provides-we have a saying that the cream will always rise to the top,and lets face most people want to have the best product, no matter what it is, available.

#76294 12/01/03 03:16 PM
brad yes he can do ,that a half day trip in afternoon is fun just go to the site for prices for half a day ,he will take you where you want to go and do a beach bbq thing ,a few beers lots lobster ,does not get any better ,trust me .

#76295 12/01/03 04:06 PM
J
J
Since I seem to have the unenviable talent of planning trips to San Pedro either immediately before or after lobster season, I'd like to clarify just when the season ends. I'd hate to see Barnicle Brad get all fired up for lobster if the season ends mid February, and he's coming at the end of the month (like I am).

Also, can someone tell me when conch season starts and ends.

Jean

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.