Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
How strict are customs when coming into A/C with liquor and wine? Suggestions?

Geaux Tigers!!!
R
R
We just got back and we brought in a couple of bottles. No one asked or checked!

hey....

GREAT!!!!

2 fifths comming in!!!!

mas tequilla por favor....

hacker

The expansive arms of near monopolies spread even to Customs :rolleyes:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Just double-checked the customs form visitors are given on the airplane coming in or at the airport, and the specific legal limit is one liter of spirits or one liter of wine.

However, as a practical matter your luggage may never be checked (Belize now has a green/red customs system) or if checked the customs officer may not be strict about alcohol for personal use.

Beer is a special situation due to the legal monopoly Bowen & Bowen has in Belize for Belikin. You cannot bring in Mexican or other beer beyond a bottle or two for personal consumption. If Mexican beer were legal in Belize, Belikin wouldn't be around for more than a year or two.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
OP Offline
Just got back from San Pedro. Brought a half gallon of vodka in from the states in my luggage for consumption on the island and it saved me a good bit from the bar at the hotel (also helped to have a head start before heading out on the town!) On departure picked up a few bottles of rum at the Belize Int'l airport and another half gallon of vodka at the duty free store for about half price of what I'd pay in the states. I declared it all on my customs forms, but they still didn't charge me any taxes. Works for me!

Geaux Tigers!!!
There appears to be some confusion on how much liquor you can legally bring into Belize. Some say 20 onces others say 1 litre. I thought a litre is about 35 onces ? How much booze can you bring in???

a litre per person 34.13 ounces

T
T
Does anyone know or remember if the duty free shop is after or before customs when you arrive in Belize City from the US? I thought I might just buy my booze there upon arrival and not worry with bringing it in my luggage from the states...

After - it's in the waiting area. Not sure how careful they arew in Goldson (based upon others tales) but in MOST duty frees, ya gotta show your departure ticket/boarding pass home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 354 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.