Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kel-dog Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Can anyone share some insight about the Belize Beach Suites at White Sands Cove? My wife & I are considering staying there in April for our first trip to AC.

Topic is open....So fire away with the pros & cons......

Are there "no-see-ums" at dusk or any mosquitos in April?

thanks,

Lovely location. April is not a buggy time at all. Have fun!

D
D
Originally posted by kel-dog:
Can anyone share some insight about the Belize Beach Suites at White Sands Cove? My wife & I are considering staying there in April for our first trip to AC.

Topic is open....So fire away with the pros & cons......

Are there "no-see-ums" at dusk or any mosquitos in April?

thanks,

For what it's worth, during my stay this past mid-April I encountered biting insects while golf-carting both north and south of San Pedro. In town, the biting insects weren't much of an issue. My suggestion is to have some bug spray available.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
We just returned from White Sands Cove on 11/29. We were there for a week. The units are very nice and well maintained. We had maid service each day, which I didn't expect with it being a condo. We had a unit really close to the beach and the view was beautiful. The beach area has alot of palm trees on it and is very pretty. The two downsides I would point out are that the pool is salt water, chilly and not clear at all. We have small kids, so that was a little disappointing. And the management staff is not friendly and not knowledgeable about the island. (Apparently the usual owner was not there and they had a temporary replacement. Although we were not told this, we kind of figured it out.) The place was surpisingly empty for being a hoiday week. The location is good as long as you don't mind biking or water taxi into town. We rented a golf cart, but the path is almost impossible to get through in some areas. It was about a 5 minute walk to go out to dinner at Captain Morgan's or Capricorn. We went to Capricorn twice and the food was excellent. Great service and friendly people too. A little bit further walk and we were able to go out for pizza at Pauly's, which was really good. So overall, I would say this is a pretty good place to stay as long as you are self sufficient and know what to expect.

One more comment I forgot to add regarding the mosquitos and no see ums. We were eaten alive! We had alot of bug spray (20 DEET) and still were bitten. My 7 yr old has 79 bites as her souvenier! We bought 2 more bottles of spray, but just really learned to cover up and avoid the bad times. Hopefully April is a better time. I did read that the North end can be buggy and that's exactly how I would describe it.

just looked at joe and sue report on the condo ,??? why would anyone put up with not nice help ??? and the pool not so good when there are sooooo many great places to stay ,in sanpedro area north or south ,??? life is to short to put up with not helpful staff and a bad pool .why ruin a vacation check out a real resort with fun people ,if you want to go north or south go to a hotel with people that smile wich is almost everyone on ambergris caye ...start you trip right ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Capt'n Jeff is right, there is no reason to choose a place where you can end up with what we described. We stayed because we had already paid $2100 to be there. We had some info about the place in advance, but not the details that we are now able to provide on this message board. Overall, San Pedro is a really great place, next time we'd choose a different place to stay!

joe and sue good for you... hope you come back to san pedro and bring your son ,,if capt jeff is in town I will take you out fishing all of you will have a blast the boy will get hooked ??no pun intended,you will be my guest for the day ,,come on back ...you will find a resort you will love trust me this is a great place ...

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.