Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#76882 - 12/03/03 02:36 PM 11/21/03-11/30/03
govikes Offline
Ok here it is: the sunset flight over on Tropic sitting in the copilot's seat was beautiful and I can't tell ya how happy I was to see the island again. Welcomed back to Ruby's by Tiffany and the gals (they always take such good care of me)! Quickly dashed off to the Pier to see Ruby for a cold Belikin, met up with some friends for another at Cannibals, then off to BC's to see Charlene and have a few panty rippers! Might have stumbled back to Ruby's that night! Bright and early the next morning I met the infamous Capt. Jeff at Estelles for breakfast (with fried jacks of course!) and then we walked to Capt. Bichou's to go fishing (ladies, if you have any doubts about whether or not to go fishing, let me tell you if you think you'll get bored...you can always sit and look at Bichou!! and make your eyes smile). It was a little chilly with on again/off again rain. But Capt. Jeff gave me a $350 Gucci rain slicker (you know, a big plastic baggie) and then proceeded to let me catch not only the 1st 3 fish, but the biggest fish as well as the most. He only told me to quit counting a couple of times as I kept pulling them in and he just kept feeding them. It was mucho fun and I would recommend it to anyone. Bichou made sure we were catching and if 5 minutes went by without a bite, he moved and voila! we were getting more. Thanks to Capt. Jeff and Bichou and his son for a fabulous 1st day! I left with a bag of filets and plans to meet up with Capt. Jeff and his friend Clarissa (NICE lady) for dinner at Taste of Thai, where some of our catch was cooked for us. That was an awesome meal! So much so that when we went to Fido's afterwards, I could only have a FEW Belikins. Met OHKim and Doug; Peter (who has a very nice dog). Sunday was windy but sunny; walked the beach--NOTE to SAGA: wow! I cannot believe the difference in the way the dogs look down there now (plus, they aren't running in packs anymore)! Collars everywhere, no mange, ribs sticking out etc. BC's for an awesome BBQ as usual - Bruce and Charlene, ya did a great job as usual and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Even Peter. And his dog. Then to the Palapa in the afternoon, lovely sitting looking out over the water and enjoying the sunshine! Did alot of snorkeling this trip; Hol Chan and Shark Ray. Several trips to Mexico Rocks (my favorite snorkel place) and Tres Cocos (the variety and colors of coral was awesome). One of the trips OHKim and Doug were with; they caught fish pretty much all the way up from Banana Beach in Tulu's boat ('cept Doug let a huge barracuda get away and Kim caught the MOST fish). Tulu made a fabulous Thanksgiving meal of lobster, conch, fish BBQ and we ate like hogs with Marcel helping out in the liquids dept. Then we decided to jump in for 1 last snorkel at Mexico Rocks, where we saw the BIGGEST nurse shark I've ever seen down there (yes, it was a nurse shark); made me feel pretty small floating up there on the surface! Also met Kimbehind door #3, on my last day there! Don't know where the 10 days went; relaxing, moved down to Corona del Mar on Tuesday and loved it there! Great room, wonderful staff, felt like I was family. Loved the breakfast in the morning, rum punch all day long...can't wait to stay there again! Also meat pies & watermelon juice at Celi's deli; cinnamon sticks at Ruby's deli; chicken burritos at BC's; lobster omelette at Lily's, huevo rancheros at Mickeys. So trip no. 10 is over; getting ready to start checking $ for the next one cuz I can't wait to see the palm trees, the reef and the smiles that I always find on that island! laugh laugh

#76883 - 12/03/03 03:11 PM Re: 11/21/03-11/30/03
captjeff Offline
go vikes nice report ,I had a great time fishing with you ..capt bicho said he thought he was a kid in church again. he never heard so many oh my god , oh my god, in one day .you did enjoy catching all the big fish !!!! you can go with capt jeff anytime you are a fun person and a wonderful sport ,being a vikes fan and all ?? your photos are on the fishingsanpedro.com clients photos page ,,,. you look wonderful.... any way you keep living the dream and enjoy yourself!!!you got that down no help needed there ..... hope to see ya soon ,like maybe in texas have a great holiday love ya....
Living The Dream Every Day!

#76884 - 12/03/03 05:52 PM Re: 11/21/03-11/30/03
Tippy Offline
Thank you govikes, hope to see you next time.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 76 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.