Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#76966 - 12/08/03 07:45 PM Lodging advice appreciated!
rharton Offline
We are thinking of exchanging our time share for a week in Ambergris Caye. Our choices are Costa Maya Reef Resort, Captain Morgan's Vacation Beach Club, Belize Yacht Club, and AquaMarina Suites. The only one we've ruled out so far is the Cost Maya Reef Resort because of it being too far from San Pedro (and not offering a free water taxi to San Pedro). Any recommendations in terms of the other three? Thanks!

#76967 - 12/08/03 08:18 PM Re: Lodging advice appreciated!
klcman Offline
you will get about as many answers & opinions on this one as there are prisoners in Guantanamo. Maybe if you tell us a little more about your desires, wants, needs, must haves, can't live withouts, don't need, don't care, etc. perhaps a little more help will be forthcoming. Alternatively, you can also utilize the "search" function - upper right and find lots of already stated many times opinions.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#76968 - 12/08/03 09:31 PM Re: Lodging advice appreciated!
Badco Offline
Many times stated & over stated..... :p

#76969 - 12/08/03 09:41 PM Re: Lodging advice appreciated!
klcman Offline
even with same title on this page laugh
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#76970 - 12/09/03 07:27 PM Re: Lodging advice appreciated!
rharton Offline
We are looking for a resort that has a kitchen so we can eat breakfast and maybe some of our lunches in our suite. We would like the resort to be on a beach or at least in close walking distance to a nice beach. We are not the partying kind...we want to swim in the beach and pool, go snorkeling, and take some day trips to see Mayan ruins, etc. If there was snorkeling at the beach where the resort was that would be wonderful! We don't want to be TOO far from restaurants and such bc we do want to eat out for dinner. That's why we've ruled out the Costa Maya Reef Resort. I did read good reviews on here of the AquaMarina Suites...I guess being a new resort can be a good thing...but still trying to get input so we know which resort to as for as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice. So any input as to which of these three is better is appreciated (AquaMarina, Belize Yacht Club, and Captain Morgan's). THANKS so much!

#76971 - 12/09/03 11:27 PM Re: Lodging advice appreciated!
chismera Offline
Aquamarina seems to be the one you're looking for... based on your comments. It's a very nice place. The others would be OK too.

#76972 - 12/10/03 02:50 AM Re: Lodging advice appreciated!
seashell Offline
The beach out front of Aquamarina isn't all that. The beach down at Capt. Morgan's is nicer. The Belize Yacht Club has a nice area for sunbathing but there's a seawall instead of being able to wade right in. Capt. Morgan's isn't the best place for your desire to eat at different places in the evening. The Belize Yacht Club has a bigger pool than Aquamarina.

In any event, I'm just trying to point out that you can't get everything you want at all of these places. I too think you will be well pleased with Aquamarina, however, I don't want you to be surprised by the beach area, and then be disappointed.

Aquamarina has very nice suites, a good location to town and is also right near the Paradise Villas which has a good dock for snorkelling.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#76973 - 12/10/03 09:09 AM Re: Lodging advice appreciated!
rharton Offline
What times of day does Captain Morgan's have the complimentary trips into town? I know they do some...if they don't do many or don't do any after say 5PM or something like that then we'll probably go with AquaMarina or Belize Yacht as we don't want to pay for a lot of water taxi rides.

#76974 - 12/10/03 09:23 AM Re: Lodging advice appreciated!
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
I was very satisified with Aqua Marina Suites. The location is convenient and the staff was great. You're within a ten minute walk to virtually all in town locations.
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

#76975 - 12/10/03 12:01 PM Re: Lodging advice appreciated!
stevej Offline
I agree with the post on AquaMarina, stayed there in Aug. Nice shoukd make you happy. Bought fish at dock in front of suites Enjoy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.