Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77214 12/16/03 01:09 PM
D
diveron Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Our friends that visited AC with us this summer are taking a dive trip to Guanaja in January and staying at Posada del Sol. Has anyone been there? How is the diving, food, etc? Thanks

Ron

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Been to Guanaja but not to Posada del Sol.

If your friends are expecting anything like AC, well... you better tell them to find another place. For the most part they have resorts/all-inclusive ones. Travel is limited by boats/water taxis or wheelbarrows, what are you friend's real reasons for going there, diving, fishing, or just relaxing, a little of each? I like the diving, mainland US divers have not trashed it out and the cruise boats aren't there.

Forgot to mention that January is in the rainy season, could be sunny or rainy, and don't forget about the bad 'northerns'

D
diveron Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Idaho-diver. They are going for the diving.The resort is all-inclusive and thats what we want to find out about.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
From past experience the food in 'all-inclusive' resorts can be bad or very good, first if they only do a buffet I'd be worried, if mostly buffet and a couple of nights of off a menu I'd still be worried. The better 'all-inclusive' places I've been, offer a limited choice in entrees and the really best ones are the resorts that have a full menu. I also would think twice about all you can drink 'alcohol' included places their food really sucks. Just some things to consider...

The diving is very good there, just get the best dive master they have.

D
diveron Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you very much for the replies.

Ron

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.