Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#77760 - 01/02/04 08:36 PM Another fishing question...
RMT Offline
Hi everyone,

Heading back down to SP for trip number 3 in March. We usually fish 4-5 times each trip with the same gentleman and this time we would like to bring him some fishing supplies. What would your suggestions be as far a supplies for reef and mangrove fishing? Also is this necessary to do? Would something else be more appreciated? Would really appreciate some feed back.
Happy new years and thanks in advance. Rhonda

#77761 - 01/02/04 09:23 PM Re: Another fishing question...
captjeff Offline
what a great Idea,I go down each month to fish ,with bicho rivero ,fishing sanpedro.com I bring him hooks no#3mustard stainless , plus wire leader 30 lb test class ,and mono line 14 or 18 lb test all are very over priced in san pedro but good buys in the states . he will love you for it . you have to be a wonderful person to think about your guide,thats a good thing!!! hope that helps helps ..??? tight lines to you and good fishing live the dream enjoy

#77762 - 01/02/04 10:08 PM Re: Another fishing question...
RMT Offline
Hi Jeff,
Thanks so very much for your help! I wrote all of this down and will be sure to take your advice. One more question from my husband....if I may...what kind of triple hooks would you suggest?? Thanks again and maybe we shall see you in March. Will be there 3/5 to 3/20. smile

#77763 - 01/02/04 10:16 PM Re: Another fishing question...
Dang. Offline
Hi, is there any fishing the shallows off the island? I'll be there in Feb. and was considering taking some light tackle. A rod and reel 20#test and hooks. Using bait fish. Any suggestions, Thanks

#77764 - 01/03/04 05:29 AM Re: Another fishing question...
rickcheri Offline
Who do you fish with??? Maybe you could contact them and ask what they need???? HillyBoo has been GREAT for us!!! # is 6030357.....C

#77765 - 01/03/04 05:31 AM Re: Another fishing question...
rickcheri Offline
Oops-tell him Rick and Cheri sent you-he'll do you RIGHT!!!! And if anyone see's him please tell him we're thinking about him and a big HELLO!!!!

#77766 - 01/03/04 04:43 PM Re: Another fishing question...
Gaz Cooper Offline
Hi Rick Cheri

I thought you guys were living here on island ???? Did you not make the final move ????

Hope you have a great new year

Gaz

#77767 - 01/04/04 05:48 PM Re: Another fishing question...
RMT Offline
Hi Rick & Cheri,

We have always used Abel and we're very happy with him. Didn't want to ask him...just wanted to suprise him. You had told me about your friend who fishes once a few years back. Thanks for your thoughts. smile

#77768 - 01/05/04 04:36 PM Re: Another fishing question...
captjeff Offline
trible hooks 2.0 1.0 if is for big fish use bigger hooks we use small hooks and catch all kinds of fish for cuda ,2.0 with wire ,depends on what your fishing for trolling or bait fish use ???? abel I know does a great job .have fun will be down in march the 6 to the 13 see ya out there .

#77769 - 01/05/04 05:13 PM Re: Another fishing question...
captjeff Offline
dang ....you said off the island if you mean from ??shore it depends where ??? bone fish ,cuda ,tarpon lots of small fish around ,but where you fish is the key ????where are you staying ?? the best fishing is from a boat !!!! the reef is so close ,,,let me know and I will try to help you ,,tight lines to ya and good fishing ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 39 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.