Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#77760 01/02/04 02:36 PM
RMT Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

Heading back down to SP for trip number 3 in March. We usually fish 4-5 times each trip with the same gentleman and this time we would like to bring him some fishing supplies. What would your suggestions be as far a supplies for reef and mangrove fishing? Also is this necessary to do? Would something else be more appreciated? Would really appreciate some feed back.
Happy new years and thanks in advance. Rhonda

what a great Idea,I go down each month to fish ,with bicho rivero ,fishing sanpedro.com I bring him hooks no#3mustard stainless , plus wire leader 30 lb test class ,and mono line 14 or 18 lb test all are very over priced in san pedro but good buys in the states . he will love you for it . you have to be a wonderful person to think about your guide,thats a good thing!!! hope that helps helps ..??? tight lines to you and good fishing live the dream enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
RMT Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Jeff,
Thanks so very much for your help! I wrote all of this down and will be sure to take your advice. One more question from my husband....if I may...what kind of triple hooks would you suggest?? Thanks again and maybe we shall see you in March. Will be there 3/5 to 3/20. smile

D
D
Hi, is there any fishing the shallows off the island? I'll be there in Feb. and was considering taking some light tackle. A rod and reel 20#test and hooks. Using bait fish. Any suggestions, Thanks

Dang.
Who do you fish with??? Maybe you could contact them and ask what they need???? HillyBoo has been GREAT for us!!! # is 6030357.....C

Oops-tell him Rick and Cheri sent you-he'll do you RIGHT!!!! And if anyone see's him please tell him we're thinking about him and a big HELLO!!!!

Hi Rick Cheri

I thought you guys were living here on island ???? Did you not make the final move ????

Hope you have a great new year

Gaz

RMT Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Rick & Cheri,

We have always used Abel and we're very happy with him. Didn't want to ask him...just wanted to suprise him. You had told me about your friend who fishes once a few years back. Thanks for your thoughts. smile

trible hooks 2.0 1.0 if is for big fish use bigger hooks we use small hooks and catch all kinds of fish for cuda ,2.0 with wire ,depends on what your fishing for trolling or bait fish use ???? abel I know does a great job .have fun will be down in march the 6 to the 13 see ya out there .

dang ....you said off the island if you mean from ??shore it depends where ??? bone fish ,cuda ,tarpon lots of small fish around ,but where you fish is the key ????where are you staying ?? the best fishing is from a boat !!!! the reef is so close ,,,let me know and I will try to help you ,,tight lines to ya and good fishing ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 249 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.