Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#77831 - 01/04/04 01:33 PM Staying in Royal Palms
petsin Offline

I will stay for a week in the Royal Palms on a timeshare exchange condo, with my two teenager daughters. I was wondering if we would need to rent some means of transportation to move around (either bikes or golf cart). I am not sure how much time is needed to walk to San Pedro from there. Also, are there any restaurants around this resort?

I have read that there is a water taxi that has a regular schedule that covers most of the hotels and San Pedro town. Can any body tell me if this boat service covers all the way down to the Royal Palms?

And last but not least: any idea of which dive operators can do pick ups at the Royal Palms pier?

Thank you!

#77832 - 01/04/04 03:39 PM Re: Staying in Royal Palms
cambriagal Offline
Anyone can pick you up at the pier. It is only a mile and a half to town, great bicycle ride to town. I don't believe in golf carts, like to rough it, even rode all the way to the Capricorn, walking the beach to town is an easy walk and a taxi back is best if the weather is hot, taxi rate is $10 belize one way. Very reasonable I think, they can show you where to rent bicycles also.

#77833 - 01/04/04 04:09 PM Re: Staying in Royal Palms
cambriagal Offline
Sorry got my $ mixed up, we pay $15BZ one way, just ask for the local rate. and that is not per person.

#77834 - 01/04/04 04:24 PM Re: Staying in Royal Palms
indygal Offline
We stay at Royal Palm and just rent bikes for the length of our stay at Joe's or Pete's in town. There are several resturants close by - we save those for the evening when we don't want to go into town. There is also a little grocery close. You probably won't go by water taxi unless you want to go way north of town. Bike ride is 10 to 12 minutes into town, which is 3 miles. We like Royal Palm. Nice pool, quiet, the teenagers will want to go to town. When are you coming down? Pam
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

#77835 - 01/04/04 04:28 PM Re: Staying in Royal Palms
indygal Offline
There is a dive operator on Royal Palm pier (or was), but I do not know who it is. I expect that any of the dive operators will pick you up at RP or close by. There are a couple busy Resort/Hotels close.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

#77836 - 01/04/04 04:31 PM Re: Staying in Royal Palms
petsin Offline
Thanks a lot for the info. I guess the bikes look the best option. We want to have a couple of dinning outs, but most of the time use our kitchen and save the money for diving... laugh

We will be there from Feb. 28th till March 6th. Any suggestions for diving operations that can offer a discounted 4 days package? Depending on how much we can save, we may be able to do the Blue Hole... (otherwise is like going to Paris and not see the Eiffel tower wink )

Thank you again,
Peter from Chile

#77837 - 01/04/04 05:04 PM Re: Staying in Royal Palms
Pedro1 Offline
Being from England I cannot understand why anyone would want to go to France-ever!

#77838 - 01/04/04 05:57 PM Re: Staying in Royal Palms
petsin Offline
Well, sorry for that, I am english too (from my father) so perhaps the correct analogy in this case would have been: visiting London and not going to the Tower Bridge wink

BTW: I have seen that most dive operators in AC having web pages have a price tag of about US$180 for a day trip to the Blue Hole... eek Is there any less expensive way to go there that is not listed in web pages?

Thank you all,

#77839 - 01/04/04 06:15 PM Re: Staying in Royal Palms
seashell Offline
There is a less expensive way to get to the Blue Hole but it depends on how many overall local dives you plan to do.

In other words, you can make an arrangement for an overall discount when you book blocks of dives, and negotiate a reduced rate on the Blue Hole trip as well.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#77840 - 01/04/04 09:04 PM Re: Staying in Royal Palms
indygal Offline
Petsin, We will be at Royal Palm while you are there. See ya at the pool. Pam

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.