Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#78047 - 01/07/04 12:22 PM MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
Tranquilo Traveler Offline
Hello Happy Islanders,

I'm the new author of Moon Handbooks Belize , continuing the work of Chicki Mallan (author of the first five editions). I'll be in San Pedro next week to rewrite that chapter and am open to all suggestions.

My editors are pushing for less comprehensive and more selective hotel/restaurant listings, so I'm interested in finding a handful of solid, respected options in each price category, from low-end to luxury.

I've never been to Ambergris before, and in addition to gathering all of the data, I'll be trying to soak in the vibe and get a feel for the place as well. Not easy in the short time I've got -- thus my plea to all you longtimers.

Thanks in advance for your help, can't wait to see you out there,

Joshua Berman
My Website

#78048 - 01/07/04 01:04 PM Re: MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
captjeff Offline
moon guy the capt jeff is down for his monthly fishing trip ..if you want to fish or snorkel or both with the best guide and capt in ambergris caye come be my guest on the fishingsanpedro.com fishing boat I am down the 14 to the 22 would love you try this guy the people who are on this board and who have used him think the world of him .. see there many posts and I know you will have a great time ,why not join me we can chit chat ambergris caye and mybe you can give him a plug in your book as you will see first hand the talents and ability of making vacationers happy on the water ......
Living The Dream Every Day!

#78049 - 01/07/04 03:00 PM Re: MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
Sounds good, Cap, be in touch: my cell phone in Belize is 602-4036. I should be in Sn Pedro about 12-18 Jan or so.

#78050 - 01/07/04 04:16 PM Re: MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
captjeff Offline
mr moon my belize cell is 6002285 staying at aqua marina suites in town 2264675 lets hook up you have a safe trip see ya ....

#78051 - 01/07/04 10:54 PM Re: MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
silkpainter Offline
Capt. Jeff, I have to inform you that your cell phone number here in Belize is very unreliable. I called it SEVERAL times while you were here (looking for those Hershey's kisses with almonds) and all I got was a mostly spanish speaking woman saying... Jeff, he no here, he fishing, Jeff fishing, me no no nutting about no chok-lat lady, Jeff he fishing. You might want to get voice mail.
-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

#78052 - 01/07/04 11:16 PM Re: MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
klcman Offline
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#78053 - 01/07/04 11:16 PM Re: MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
NYgal Offline
LMAO........... laugh

#78054 - 01/08/04 10:15 AM Re: MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
Pedro1 Offline
Trust me Jeff is not going to get voice mail as voice mail ain't no fun.

#78055 - 01/08/04 10:51 AM Re: MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
captjeff Offline
silky my dearest ,the no# 6002285 is good but best after 2pm the laddy ate all , your candy ,she said some one told her to do that ... that bad little vixen will have to spank her ..she speaks perfect english to me ,no wonder I found candy wrappers around the place ..bad ,bad girl she is my driver ,ask pedro1 .any way she owns the phone I just use it when I am down .. but the hotel phone is open 2264675 ask for capt jeffs royal suite ,201,or leave a message. cheers

#78056 - 01/08/04 03:42 PM Re: MOON HANDBOOKS UPDATE
Uhh, okay. . .now that we have Jeff's phone number cleared up, anyone else have any tips for me?

If you were writing a guidebook to Ambergris and could only put in a limited number of hotels, restaurants, dive shops, which would they be?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (WWIII, Pokey, 3 invisible), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,684 Topics
461,182 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.