Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#78254 01/10/04 09:07 AM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
hey jeff...

i've seen some messages asking what capt. bicho might like in the way of fishing tackle and such...but i'm wondering if you have any ideas about what i might bring for his wife or kids...

when i went to negril last year, found out that the wife of one of our guides loved to read and brought her some paperback novels which weren't easy to come by there...so maybe you know what might appreciated by bicho's family.

we take for granted the little things here in the land of plenty...and it would be nice to tuck a few things into the luggage that might bring a smile to someone else...

i'm not sure what to expect on AC...but there are likely items that are difficult/expensive for locals to get...

any ideas?

#78255 01/10/04 11:49 AM
mikell you are a real beauty , now your photo is up ... allan you are one lucky guy!!!!!!! thanks for thinking about bicho but more important his family ..they are very happy people,will make sure he takes you to see his home on the lagoon side it is the one he built him self the other one was blown away last hurricane ..his wife does not read much as she works in the am as a teacher .then comes home about 1pm to her real job as a mother she has six kids .. I do not know what they need ??but I bring clothes as much as I can ??but can not tell you what they need in detail ..just be there new friend they will give you a lot of love ..all the folks in sanpedro are sweet ,nice ,people ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#78256 01/10/04 03:52 PM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for info jeff...i would certainly love to go see his house and meet his family...it's always a pleasure to meet local people and get a better idea of how they live...that's why i could never stay in a "club med" AI type place...not getting any of the local culture...

what ages and sexes are his children? maybe his wife and kids would like school supply type stuff too? and kids clothing is often easy to come by here...

and i want to return the compliment...YOU are a beautiful person too!! WE are lucky to have "met" you! always enjoy your posts!

#78257 01/10/04 05:42 PM
Hey Mikell-

One idea for tackle would be "Rapala" lures. The ones that are about 3" long. They troll with these outside the reef for the big boys. Had I known they used these, I'd have brought some myself.

Just got home last night...depressing...missing my porch and Belikins...ahhh... cool

#78258 01/10/04 08:51 PM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
hey jeff...

i bet you're missing more than that porch...how about this COLD weather? are you in shock out there?

can't wait to hear all about your stay at BB and everything else...and the pictures...and all your impressions...

welcome back ...

smile

#78259 01/10/04 10:05 PM
soon come.

#78260 01/11/04 03:02 AM
Originally posted by MN Jeff:
Hey Mikell-

One idea for tackle would be "Rapala" lures. The ones that are about 3" long. They troll with these outside the reef for the big boys. Had I known they used these, I'd have brought some myself.

Just got home last night...depressing...missing my porch and Belikins...ahhh... cool
the reflective yo-zuri lures are great. Green and yellow rooster tails are awesome. Fishing trout in the winter is ok, but I'd rather be fishing in Belize !

Mel Sinderman
#78261 01/11/04 11:01 AM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
we're just sitting here looking out the window at snow laden trees...and watcthing a fishing show on ESPN...fishing for wahoo off san salvador...now that's where i'd rather be! this guy just got a 180 pounder! eek

thanks for the tip mel...it will be our first experience salt water fishing with capt. bicho next month!

#78262 01/11/04 11:24 AM
mikell if you hook a 180 pounder you will have hooked bicho.jr butt ..not that there are not huge fish in sanpedro there are ,but most fish are in the three to five pound range the cudas go up to 30 lbs and there are bigger ones ,and by the docks in the lagoon ,and channels there are tarpon that go 100 plus depending on the time of year ??? but you never know???? thats why they call it fishing not catching .but action is the order of the day it will non stop ...

Living The Dream Every Day!
#78263 01/11/04 03:36 PM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
*laughing*....

i wouldn't even want to hook a fish over 100 pounds...don't think i'd have the strength to land it...

after catching nothing but "BIG" 3 pound bass...any fish weighing 10 pounds is going to seem like a monster to me!!

we'll be just out for the fun of it...any day on the water is a good day!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.