Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lisa M. Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Trying to weed out stuff I really don't need to get suitcases a little lighter...some of the things I'm wondering if I'll really use or not...insulated cups with lids and softside cooler, thought I might want to take beverage on the beach and a few in a cooler, anybody have opinion on whether these are necessary or not? Binoculars are another thing taking up some room that I'm not sure are necessary. Any feedback? Thanks.

I
I
Use your soft sided cooler as a carry on.
Seaislegal (regular boarder - just missing in action lately) did this last year and it worked great. She then used the cooler to transport jello shots to BC's BBQ. Everyone that was there that Sunday last May had a terrific time. Even if they don't remember it!
laugh

Lisa, I've never used my binoculars. If you are a bird watcher then I think you would, but otherwise I think not. This is just my view.
As to the plastic drinking bottle, well it is my companion and just a must for me. laugh

L
Lisa M. Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Islenut,
Thanks for the idea, would also be interested in how to make Jello shots, sounds like fun! smile

Since we're from Omaha, I always take a soft-sided cooler full of steaks along (packed inside checked baggage)--a big hit on the grill on the beach. Once they're in the fridge, the cooler gets used all week, filled with Belikins and Fanta sodas. Then we shove the wet clothes from the last morning in the cooler and it goes back in packed bags for the trip home. Durn handy, IMO.

* I Go Pogo *
Since we're from Omaha, I always take a soft-sided cooler full of steaks along (packed inside checked baggage)--a big hit on the grill on the beach. Once they're in the fridge, the cooler gets used all week, filled with Belikins and Fanta sodas. Then we shove the wet clothes from the last morning in the cooler and it goes back in packed bags for the trip home. Durn handy, IMO.

* I Go Pogo *
IF YOU DON'T HAVE A ROOM WITH A FRIDGE THE COOLAPSABLE COOLER IS A MUST!!! IT LET'S YOU KEEP SOME BEERS CHILLY IN THE ROOM OR CAN BE USED FOR THOSE BEACH WALKS WHEN THE NEXT ESTABLISHMENT MIGHT BE 50 YARDS(METERS) AWAY........ENJOY

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
D
D
IMHO Both are a must.

Yep, as Jan said we did the soft sided cooler as a carry on and it did come in real handy. Since it was soft sided and had good padding it was a good carry on for my Camcorder and such.

We also had some insulated cups with lids for golf cart riding... hitting a road bump and spilling your Beliken or Frozen drink really sucks (as we'd learned the prior year) so the cups worked much better and kept the drinks colder longer as well.

We had beachfront rooms with fridges but it was still handier to have the cooler to take some Belikens to the beach, on a boat ride or wherever.

Jello shots are easy to make (just make sure you aren't sloshed when you make them and grab the 151 instead of the regular rum... an oops I made last year!)

Take down Jello of whatever flavor you like, then its one cup of hot water and one cup of vodka, rum or booze of choice. Basically you substitute the alchohol for the cold water. Some folks add a half packet of Knox Gelatin too if they want them real solid.

Places like Sams Club sells the little cups and lids that are the best for jello shots. I just took some of them down with me last year.

Hope this helps!
Andrea in Atlanta

Andrea in Atlanta

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.