Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#78554 01/14/04 02:03 AM
R
OP Offline
R
A friend and I are visiting Ambergris Caye for a week in March. I've been there just once (for a few hours while on a cruise), so I'd appreciate some restaurant recommendations. We're staying at the Mayan Princess.

Thanks -- great message board!

Rich
Calientes, Elvis, Sharks Bar and most any Beach Barbq on Sunday is good, although ive only had from BC's and Crazy Canuks. Pizza from most anyplace, including paulys, and Sharks bar, as well as pepperonis pizza are swell choices. Georges for breakfast and for a good steak go to Jade Garden, a bit expensive but higher quality food, worth it. I would say that most everything on the island if not everything is good. TIP:Try the smaller places too, they sometimes are just as good if not better than the bigger more fancier places, even cheaper and larger portions and it gives you a chance to meet a wider varity of locals.

M
M
One of the best places I know is a Jamaican place near the dock. For the life of me, I can't think of the name of it. It really is terrific. Its on the same side street (at the end, left side) where all the little restaurant kiosks live. The owner will make whatever you desire. Also, try Ambergris Delights. Looks dreadful, but they have fine fish. When you get sick of Belizian food, try Sweet Basil over the cut. Mickey's has a good Mexican platter - its enough for two. If you get over to Caye Caulker, try Rasta Pasta. Last year we went to a tapa place (your hotel can tell you the name). It was quite nice for when you are Belized out! Have fun, and make sure to locate the Jamaican place. Yum.

She's referring to Jambel's Jerk Pit (Jamaican)and Casa Picasso (tapas)

Phoenix - on another post, you stated you lived on AC for 8 months...how is it possible, in your words
"although i've only had from BC's and Crazy Canuks" ?
- sad commentary on experiencing what the island has to offer, epicurially speaking. It appears, then, that your recommendations are based upon the experiences of others, and not those of your own. While your selections may be right on, they lack any personal experience to make a valid opinion.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I guess one wouldn't have time to experience all that AC has to offer if one is completely absorbed with conducting extensive market research for a roller coaster/archery operation.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Meant only had beach bbq from BC's and Crazy's.

Dare To Deviate
Fab food in town -
Blue Water Grill
Taste of Thailand
Elvi's
El Patio.

D
D
We really enjoyed Papis. Local food. Really good.

K
K
I love it when someone is so eager to jump on another poster that they end up making a fool of themself.

me too.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.