Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Looking into whether to take the $95 flight from Belize City to San Pedro, or the $25 Water Taxi. How long does it take by boat, I would think it would be a cool ride ?? How long from AC to Cay Cauker by Water Taxi also, we plan to spend a day there.
I have seen a lot of stuff about Beach BBQ's, can you just join one or does this have to be arranged ahead of time ??
We are planning to stay at the Carib. Villas, it is a 20 minute walk to town, I can see walking to dinner, but after a few cocktail stops catching a ride back, are there taxi's ?? How far is it from Carib. Villas to Fido's Pier. Seems we can get some cheaper/recommended tours from there. And is this where you catch the Water Taxi ??

M
M
The water taxi takes about 45 minutes or so and can be enjoyable but it can also be wet and crowded. If you are also going to Caulker that water taxi trip is about 30 minutes from AC and should satisfy your desire for a boat ride. The short flight from Belize City provides an absolutly beautiful view. Even though I am far from a person who likes to fly I really enjoy that trip. As for the Beach BBQ, Sundays at BC's is great. And as for the walk back after a few cocktails.... Well that's why they have golf carts, don't leave home without them. Have Fun.

S
S
Try airfare from Belize City Municipal, it's about one-half the cost. A rainy boat ride with the plastic tarp has to be experienced frown

Taxi's are everywhere on AC for 5bz to anywhere. Unless you use the cart all day, it's not worth it just for a trip to dinner and back (imo).
Jeff

Larry is right, do the plane thing! (Hi Larry! How be you and da VBC?)
We did the water taxi once and it was very crowded and it did rain, very cool to us mind you (If the circumstances would have been different we would have loved it) but now we would rather just GET THERE! If there are only 2 of you it would not be worth going to muni either. How many are you?
Oh and if your talking about the BEACH BBQ's that are not at a bar you hafta book a fishing/snorkel or whatever, and then you have a beach BBQ on an isolated part of AC or even another "smaller Island”
If I were you I'd check out the “search” section of the board and just suck up the info there, there is TONS!!!!
Otherwise BC's is TOTALLY great... right there in San Pedro! (Sundays)

OP Offline
Thanks everyone for the info. We get in on Sunday so I think we will hit BC's right away. Sounds like a good time, and might get some additional tips on who, what, where and when !!

Just to clarify the costs:

All rates one-way:

Water taxi from Belize City to San Pedro: BZ$28 (US$14)
Air from International to San Pedro: BZ$93 (US$46.50)
Air from Municipal to San Pedro: BZ$52 (US$26)

Taxi between airports or from international to the Marine Terminal: BZ$40 (US$20) for up to 4 or 5. No tip necessary.

Above conversions at BZ$2 to US$1. If you exchange at a casa de cambio you will usually get a little better. Also, Gaz Cooper's Web site offers a 10% discount on Tropic and Maya Island fares, and you can also usually get a 10% discount on air by paying cash rather than by credit card.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.